Used 2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

I love my Lexus
By bryanjeffrey

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 RX350. After driving Audi and BMW's for some time, I fell in love with the RX350. It is my daily commute car, the AWD is like Velcro in the snow and ice, and compares favorably with Audi's Quattro, which I still feel is probably the best AWD system there is. The RX has plenty of power (thank you again to the WI State Patrol officer for being so understanding), plenty of comfort and is ideal for long or short trips. Probably obvious, but make sure you use only synthetic oil. Mileage is good, performance is beyond solid for an SUV, it is a blast to drive, top end is very responsive and I have never lacked for acceleration when needed.

Favorite Features

Levinson sound system is plenty good. Handling is responsive. Traction in snow and ice is exceptional. Plenty of power at all speeds. Love the ergonomics and comfort. Looks great next to my 2014 ISC!

Suggested Improvements

As a Lean expert, I love Toyota/Lexus, so fix the TPMS sensor!

Transmission Slips at 25,000 miles
By cyberchic

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought this car as a cpo 9 months ago. 17000 miles on it. The transmission slips. when I slow down like to turn or in traffic and then step back on the gas, the car revs but its like its in neutral, then I hear a thump and it lurches forward. Or it will shudder for a second, then thud and lurch forward. I have been to the dealership 2x already. they say there is nothing wrong, this is how the car is designed to drive. A car this expensive should not drive like this. I called Lexus and I am awaiting a response back.

Favorite Features

heated seats, climate control, sunroof, auto open hatch, quiet ride. good stereo. headlights are awesome, they turn when you turn and give you good visibility

Suggested Improvements

the hideous plastic hunk of junk console in the center - you would think they could have done better on this for the price. the hatch window doesn't open separately.

Flawed Tranny
By cloyd greer

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upon cold start up when placed in gear the car vibrates. If I start it in neutral no problem when placed in gear it vibrates. The dealer says this is normal and the vibration is caused by the fast engine idle until the car warms up which is true except in neutral no problem but as soon as in gear a vibration the problem is not the fast idle but is in the tranny itself. I have driven many many many autos and never never had this problem.

Favorite Features

Everything is great except the tranny issue.

Suggested Improvements

Correct the tranny problem.

Practical and fun to drive
By Beng

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After deciding between Accura MDX and RX 350, really feel that we made the right decision on the RX 350. The sporty style and comfortable ride is really impressive. Plenty of power to get you in and out of traffic (or into trouble). Gas mileage was really impressive on the highway (26 to 28 mph) on a trip to San Antonio to Fort Worth. In town 18 to 21 mph so far. Had a little trouble with window squeak when we first got it, but this was corrected at dealer. Very happy with the vehicle and the dealership.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, nice exterior and interior.

Suggested Improvements

Needs keyless starter like the ES.

Elegant, fun to drive SUV
By danmiller3

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we are very pleased with the RX 350. It has a quiet, smooth, fun ride. The interior is meticulously crafted and comfortable. We had a minor alignment problem at purchase but the dealer remedied it.

Favorite Features

Auto-lift gate