2009 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
I love my Lexus
By bryanjeffrey on 03/19/14 22:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 RX350. After driving Audi and BMW's for some time, I fell in love with the RX350. It is my daily commute car, the AWD is like Velcro in the snow and ice, and compares favorably with Audi's Quattro, which I still feel is probably the best AWD system there is. The RX has plenty of power (thank you again to the WI State Patrol officer for being so understanding), plenty of comfort and is ideal for long or short trips. Probably obvious, but make sure you use only synthetic oil. Mileage is good, performance is beyond solid for an SUV, it is a blast to drive, top end is very responsive and I have never lacked for acceleration when needed.

Transmission Slips at 25,000 miles
By cyberchic on 06/18/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought this car as a cpo 9 months ago. 17000 miles on it. The transmission slips. when I slow down like to turn or in traffic and then step back on the gas, the car revs but its like its in neutral, then I hear a thump and it lurches forward. Or it will shudder for a second, then thud and lurch forward. I have been to the dealership 2x already. they say there is nothing wrong, this is how the car is designed to drive. A car this expensive should not drive like this. I called Lexus and I am awaiting a response back.

Flawed Tranny
By cloyd greer on 12/23/09 09:06 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upon cold start up when placed in gear the car vibrates. If I start it in neutral no problem when placed in gear it vibrates. The dealer says this is normal and the vibration is caused by the fast engine idle until the car warms up which is true except in neutral no problem but as soon as in gear a vibration the problem is not the fast idle but is in the tranny itself. I have driven many many many autos and never never had this problem.

Practical and fun to drive
By Beng on 07/14/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After deciding between Accura MDX and RX 350, really feel that we made the right decision on the RX 350. The sporty style and comfortable ride is really impressive. Plenty of power to get you in and out of traffic (or into trouble). Gas mileage was really impressive on the highway (26 to 28 mph) on a trip to San Antonio to Fort Worth. In town 18 to 21 mph so far. Had a little trouble with window squeak when we first got it, but this was corrected at dealer. Very happy with the vehicle and the dealership.

Elegant, fun to drive SUV
By danmiller3 on 04/05/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we are very pleased with the RX 350. It has a quiet, smooth, fun ride. The interior is meticulously crafted and comfortable. We had a minor alignment problem at purchase but the dealer remedied it.

Don't Mess With A Good Thing
By Clayton on 03/24/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2000 RX 300 had cleared the 125,000 mark so I took the wife car shopping at the Dallas Auto Show. She looked at 10-15 comparable mid-size SUV's and choose the 2009 RX 350 -- hands down. We had great luck with the first RX and we saw nothing we liked better than the '09 RX. Had it now for about a month and we've taken two trips. Super comfortable and WAY more fuel efficient than our original RX. Also, the turning radius is greatly improved. I think the best part of the whole deal though is that after 125,000 trouble free miles, the Lexus dealer gave us 26% of our original purchase price. Pretty unbelievable for a nine year old car with 125,000 on the ODO.

Rattle, Rattle, Rattle
By Disappointed Driver on 02/23/09 05:25 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After years of driving practical SUVs I was looking forward to my first "luxury" vehicle but this has fallen far from my expectations. The next day after buying my RX350, I noticed a glass distortion in the windshield. I also started hearing a rattle at the top of the driver side window. There was also an air leak on the driver door which made it sound like the door was not closed all the way. Ever since the new windshield was put in there has been a ticking sound at the front right side near the dashboard that the dealership has not been able to fix correctly. The rattle above the window still exists even after having been at dealership 4 times for all the repairs. I am VERY disappointed!

Traded 2006 BMW X5
By Driver1 on 02/22/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Crossover is for people that looking for a very comfortable ride, I never wrote an auto review, but after driving this crossover for a month I decided to do so, just could not help it. I’ve had several SUVs in the past MB, BMW, Infinity, Honda. This crossover is for people that want name recognition, comfort, style. This crossover makes long trips, commuting very easy to accomplish, for someone who drives a lot on the daily bases, who needs versatility, cargo passenger space, like to sit up higher, likes quiet cruising. If you looking for a crossover that drives like a sports car, this will not be one to get, look at European rivals, MB, BMW.

Uncomfortable ride
By Dave Yurkanin on 02/22/09 09:20 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2009 RX 350 last month. I traded in a 2007 ES 350 for it. I have read so many reviews about how comfortable the RX is, I decided to get one for the extra cargo room when needed. As it turns out, I find it very uncomfortable driving. I had it back to the dealer and they found nothing wrong. Passengers also notice the bumpy ride. This vehicle took the joy out of driving.

2009 Lexus RX 350 Pebble Beach
By Weezy on 02/13/09 06:45 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased the 2009 Pebble Beach edition. Very reliable vehicle. The navigation system is easy to use and access while driving (all touch screen). Very powerful car, good acceleration. The backup camera is a nice feature, but the images appear farther than it actually is. Have no problem driving in sleet/snow/ice thus far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus RX 350 in VA is:

$122 per month*