A fine family hauler
By DadMan on
2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Walking up to it is it's own reward. Having the steering wheel slide out of the way when removing the key makes getting in and out all the easier. Put in the key and the seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel move back to one of two memorized locations. That first five seconds alone make the RX 350 better than my other rides. The all-wheel-drive keeps the tires locked to the pavement as the "killer corssover" eagerly accelerates under a heavy foot. With a minivan ride / height, you are not going to rail any corners. If you try, a bunch of gizmos conspire to take the spirit out of the drive. I suppose that's better than just flipping over but that's why it gets a 7 for performance.
Favorite Features
Two words: Touchscreen navigation. It's nicely integrated and I hear that it accepts over 100 voice commands. I can only remember several at this early point in my ownership experience. The non-freon using air conditioning makes colder air than others. The dual zone feature makes us both happy
Suggested Improvements
The navigation replaces a smaller screen that would give fuel economy numbers and that feature ought to be included on the nav-screen. Maybe the five pound owner's manual has a chapter that I missed that would show the number of miles until the RX runs out of gas along with the other functions.