Used 2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Lexus will not stand by their product
By Jim R

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2008 Lexus RX 350. The dashboard is falling apart because it is junk. This is happening to Lexus vehicles across the country. Lexus has admitted the problem and issued a "warranty enhancement" saying they will replace the faulty dashboards at no cost. The problem is they have no intention of fixing these dashboards. I have been on their repair list for well over one year, each time I call they give excuses that they are waiting on parts. When I ask when the parts might be in? Their response "sometime maybe this year or next year". Buy at your own risk, if anything is faulty they do not stand by their product.

Funky shifting when turning to the right
By ruttroshaggy

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4 Lexus's(Lexi?) before buying my wife a 2008 RX350. Loved a 2000 Rx350, 2005 GX was blah, the 2008 RX350 was the worst of the bunch. Boring driving, not refined at all. Nothing special about it. It had a soft supension and steering that rolled in the corners. The major problem I had was with the shifting, when you would turn to the right from a stop, it would take 2-3 seconds to engage after you turned, besides annoying it was dangerous. When taken to the dealer, they said it was normal.
I traded that off for an Escalade the next day. After owning a Cadillac SRX, my wife wants to buy another Lexus, so we have been looking at them again , and it seems there have been a few complaints about tranny issues with the older Lexus.
I have owned five Lexi, and after owning several Cadillacs lately, I am ready to get back to a more reliable vehicle, although the problem with the 2008 kept me away from Lexus for 5 years.

The dashboards melt, Lexus is slow to fix.
By Mark Ferrell

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 60k miles on it, and 2.5 years later it's at 85k. In that time I've replaced a water pump (~$500) and a rack & pinion (~$1800). Everything else has been general maintenance (oil/brake/filter changes, etc.)

The car handles well on the road, and I love the feel of driving it. Unfortunately, the interior of the car has some major issues.

The GPS is dated and clumsy to use. The controls for adjusting many common things like fan speed are buried inside a digital menu system that is difficult to use while driving if you want any more control than adjusting a temp and letting it decide whether to blow full speed or low speed fan to achieve that temp. There is no USB / aux input so you're stuck using a tape deck adapter or replacing the stereo console if you want to connect your phone.

My biggest problem, however, has been that my dashboard cracked & melted (pics: http://imgur.com/a/B62He)

This is part of known issue (https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/lexus-to-pay-for-cracked-dashboard-repairs.htm) and is being replaced as part of a warranty recall. However, I've been on a wait list for 9 months to get this replaced, and Lexus is sending 1 or 2 replacements each week to the dealership in my area. Their backlog is over 500 now, and Lexus continues to send 1 or 2 parts each week to fix this. That's going to be 5-10 years at this pace for people near the back of the wait list, and there are almost certainly more people out there waiting to be added to this list. Completely unacceptable response from Lexus.

Lexus Rx 350 is the best!
By lexusluver

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We currently do not own a Lexus RX 350 but my husband and I did own a Lexus RX 300 up until someone driving 55 mph in a 30 mph zone hit us as we were sitting still at a stop light, the truck did not stop at all and hit us full force which consequently pushed us into a new Honda Pilot which was approximately five feet ahead of us. This accident totaled all three vehicles, but we were the only one who was able to drive our vehicle home, all though the impact knocked our lexus off it's frame, the truck's front end was practically gone. The insurance company totaled our vehicle, but it and God, saved both of our lives. I will and am looking forward to purchasing a Lexus RX 350 Asap.

Everything!! We love everything about the Lexus Rx 350's that we have test drove.

lexus rx 350 2008
By fish34

2008 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car at Lexus of Las Vegas ( original owner ) The vehicle drive smooth but the tranmision 2nd & 3rd jerking really bad i bring it back to the dealer they tell me tranmision went out. Estimated $5000.00 to replace.
At 74600 miles the tranny give up That is not reliable . According to service man he see a lot tramision problem some are newer.I have 3 boys i drive like an old man i never thought this could happened. Very disappointed

smooth ride

Tranmision not reliable. I'm disappointed lexus still use this tranny for base model 2013