2008 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Lexus Rx 350 is the best!
By lexusluver on 06/28/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We currently do not own a Lexus RX 350 but my husband and I did own a Lexus RX 300 up until someone driving 55 mph in a 30 mph zone hit us as we were sitting still at a stop light, the truck did not stop at all and hit us full force which consequently pushed us into a new Honda Pilot which was approximately five feet ahead of us. This accident totaled all three vehicles, but we were the only one who was able to drive our vehicle home, all though the impact knocked our lexus off it's frame, the truck's front end was practically gone. The insurance company totaled our vehicle, but it and God, saved both of our lives. I will and am looking forward to purchasing a Lexus RX 350 Asap.

lexus rx 350 2008
By fish34 on 01/24/13 09:14 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car at Lexus of Las Vegas ( original owner ) The vehicle drive smooth but the tranmision 2nd & 3rd jerking really bad i bring it back to the dealer they tell me tranmision went out. Estimated $5000.00 to replace. At 74600 miles the tranny give up That is not reliable . According to service man he see a lot tramision problem some are newer.I have 3 boys i drive like an old man i never thought this could happened. Very disappointed

Engine Noise
By Karen Ko on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

HELP! Engine very noisy especially whenever I accelerate and I was told by LEXUS that it is normal. When I test drove it, it was not noisy and I thought the noise came from the tires as I was told to change when it was under 20,000 miles as the inner treads were worn.

Very happy with lexus rx350
By wezwa on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been in my rx350 for almost 3 years and have been very pleased with it. It is sporty, reliable, and luxurious all at once. It has plenty of room for the things I need to haul around as an interior decorator or to take a family vacation. Front and rear seats are both very comfortable. Only minor complaints are acceleration is a bit jumpy and there is a slight blind spot when backing up (resulting in a little fender bender!)

Will Do It Again
By Kirby on 05/13/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle just over a month an a 1/2. Amazing! Never owned a Lexus, but have been a loyal Toyota owner for years. Love the all the features, quietness, drive, style, and comfort of what a luxury SUV should feel like. I recommend a test drive of this and the new brand is amazing as well.

Poor Design, Horrible resale value
By Tony on 04/18/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the FWD 08 RX350 in NOV 08 with 16,000 miles it was certified pre- owned. I like all the bells and whistles that it came with, such as the telescoping steering wheel and leather seats just to name a few. I drove it from SC to TX and the drive was excellent, nice and quiet. I do not like the front design, it looks too feminine and also the so claimed re sale value is terrible. I tried to trade it in and was sadly informed that I would be 10k upside down if i traded it in with 27,400miles in excellent condition. Although it is a nice vehicle it does not hold its value.

Glad I leased
By Fang on 07/11/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good comfort and ride. Gas mileage is surprisingly good, between 18 and 24 mpg depending on how much city vs. highway driving we do. Room inside is good for four people. Cargo area is disappointing with rear seat up. Rx is easy to drive and park. I'm not really overly impressed with anything about the RX except the power plant, it has very good power for a car of this weight. I will return the RX in 23 months but feel satisfied so far. Just not impressed enough to want to buy it.

Inferior Tires
By Joe on 05/22/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle drives and handles great overall. Car had tendency to pull to right while driving. Dealer re-balanced tires and realigned front end on several occasions,but vehicle still had slight pull to right. Around 15,000 miles, car started making a roaring sound while driving (sound like excessive road noise). When I took the car in for the 15,000 mile checkup, dealer informed me that tires needed changing. Dealer said Lexus cars come equipped with low quality tires (Goodyear). Replaced the Goodyear tires with Michelin tires which were recommended by the dealer. By the way, I had to pay for two of the new Michelin tires. Never had a tire wear out in 15,000 miles (40 year driver).

I'm In Love
By ShaSha on 03/18/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had my 2008 RX 350 for 2 months & really love it. The handling is so smooth even tho the turning radius is not as tight as my 2003 Ford Expedition! The seats allow me to sit up fairly high which I like as I'm short. I find the back lumbar and seat adjustments especially nice. All the tiny lights in the drink holders and floor are a nice touch. The mileage is not too bad, but certainly not all I hoped for. Most of my driving is just around town so I don't know why it various from 14-18 mpg.

Better Than Benz
By Jim on 02/21/08 11:51 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We carefully selected the RX 350 on reliability, resale and original price and have been very pleased with the vehicle. We bought a new E-350 Benz about the same time, paid $12K more, and got less value than the Lexus. The Lexus navigation and accessories are touch-screen, all the controls are easily accessible and although a very complex machine, is user friendly. The Benz and a new BMW 5-series in our family require a degree in computer science and a full stop to do the same thing the Lexus system does. Sensible driving gets 20 mpg in local traffic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.