Disappointing quality
By wdh on
2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my RX after owning a GMC Envoy. Unfortunately, I cannot say the RX is any better than the GM product. I think Lexus is really slipping on their vaunted quality. On the plus side, the RX is very well behaved on the road. It handles well and is a comfortable ride. Luxurious interior and nice ameneties. My problems began shortly after the warranty period expired. First, the clips that hold the cargo cover in place quit working. They just snap loose and will not hold. The next problem was with electronics. The sun roof stop sensors quit working, so that the sun roof overshoots the closed position. Very hard to get a rain seal. The switch for the left rear window also quit worki
Favorite Features
Rain sensor wipers
Suggested Improvements
Improve build quality and electronics.
By to_cda_ca
on 08/30/12 14:28 PM (PDT)

The RX350 has center console covers that don't open right, a roof rack that vibrates with parts fallen off, squeeks and small rattles. While there are a many good things about it, it doesn't come together as a premium feeling vehicle because of these annoyances. Even though past warranty, I did not expect struts, steering components and engine modules to be replaced at around 60,000 mi since I never had to on much cheaper Toyota models before 2002 that I've owned with much higher mileage. (All repairs were necessary because I get at least two opinions, including non-dealer.) Not worth paying a premium for - this is NOT a premium vehicle but a dressed up Toyota, all of which unfortunately are not made the way they used to be.

By ph0ng
on 08/22/11 13:56 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem with my sunroof. What you'll have to do is hold the "open" button until it opens and closes all the way and stops. This should work.