2007 Lexus RX350
By henry121999 on
2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I recently picked up a 2007 RX350 I purchased from Carmax. The SUV has 68k mikes and looked to be in good shape. Since you only have 30 days with Carmax to request repairs (I opted out of their exctended warranty), I took it to my local auto mechanic for a "once over". The mechanic found that the rack and pinion as well as the rear struts were leaking. I drove about an hour an a half back to Carmax in PA for what I thought would be a battle over the repairs. Much to my surprise, the confirmed the leaks and said they would order the parts and replace them. No problem. Hopefully that all works out.
Favorite Features
Overall, the car is great. I traded in a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L. I had five or more in my lifetime and always swore by them. I looked at the Acura RDX and MDX as well as the KIA Sorrento (which I liked very much) The RX has a much nicer, carlike ride, which is what I was looking for. It has the tow hitch as well to mount my bike rack as well. The Lexus is just very upscale looking inside and out and looks to have a good reliability track record. So far so good.
By mecarlover
on 03/29/14 22:46 PM (PDT)

I am also planning to get a 2007 rx350 but its mileage is 100k and costs around 15K. Plz suggest me from your drive experiance if its a worthy and good deal. Also did you find or think any major repair issues may need soon? Will appreciate your response.

By henry121999
on 04/22/14 17:46 PM (PDT)

Firstly, and I was told this by the dealer as well, most of the issues they see with the 2007 RX350 is replacing the Rack and Pinion Steering. That's around $1500-$1800. Struts and alignment are probably in the $1200 range. Tires, brakes, etc. You get the idea. I am, however, finding that there are many squeaks and rattles to this car. More than I would expect for a luxury vehicle, even a 2007 with 70k miles. Its very common if you go on the Lexus forums. I now have what sounds to be a dashboard rattle, although I hear rattles from the seat belt area, rear door, center console, and whats probably the leather just rubbing together. Very annoying. Yes, you can just turn up the radio, but, that's not a fix. There are several Technical Service Information Bulletins released for this car including an Upper/Lower Windshield Tick Noise Make sure you drive the car for a while, preferably in different temperatures as I think some of the expanding and contracting is producing the noises as well. Good luck!

By enrique2024
on 04/28/14 22:27 PM (PDT)

I purchased a 2007 Lexus RX350 about the same time as you, but mine has more miles, 79,450. Looks like I'm fortunate that the previous owners treated the vehicle very gently. Due to my job, I have access to certain information, so I know the history of who owned the vehicle. We plan to drive this vehicle more than the previous owners, so I hope I don't encounter the same problems.