2007 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Review: Less REX for the Money

2007 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Review

Less REX for the Money
By TOMCAT on

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided to upgrade my 'flawless' 1998 Toyota 4-Runner, the RX 350 was a 'no-brainer'. A lot more luxurious, more class and good looks coupled with Toyota's solid reputation made the decision easy. Overall I like it. Ride, fuel-mileage, luxury are right up there. However, the Nav System that is 'voice-activated' comes up short. What really hurts however is that the 'RX' series doesn't include recognition of any 'Climate Commands'. All of the other Lexus models do. I called Lexus/USA about this. A 10 second download would fix the problem. Their answer - 'Sorry - No Deal'. It makes you feel that you have less of a Lexus than the other models. Why??

The engine is very responsive, ride is excellent and of course, it makes a statement. Oh yes, the remote feature to open and close the liftgate is a real help.

Definitely make the Nav System a lot less involved than it is. I am very computer savvy, yet using this system is just not worth the time. It's more 'show than go'. Put the climate commands into the RX's 'voice recognition' system.