bought used in Nov2010
By jekcartalk on
2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Wanted to drive the suv for a year before stating my opinion. Traded in a 03MDX (transmission torque converter issue @ 96K miles), and opted for a used 07LexusRX vs new Subaru Outback - $9k cheaper. Overall I am pleased with my purchase, as the car was a premium package w/Nav etc. I agree the Nav is a pain to use because of its limited ability to change while on the move (other than voice commands, which is even more frustrating and distraction when it doesn't recognize what you are saying) than being able to input by touch. Only isuue so far... rear wheel bearing hub which was replaced under warranty (70k Miles for drivetrain) which the dealer promptly notified me. So far so good!
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, reasonably quite ride, decent gas mileage 19C/27H - AWD. Handles well in snow. Great travel vehicle for 4 people. Easy Bluetooth set up. 3 power outlets. HID lights. Paint job seems to hold up well against the elements. Power open for rear hatch. Rain sensors operate well. Brakes well. Controls laid out well. Good Customer service- Lexus.
Suggested Improvements
Stereo system not up to par for luxury car, can not believe it does not have simple input for I phone/MP3 player. Navigation System not great (use Garmin or smart phone). Plus some of the screen functions on Nav system (Info, Audio, etc) could be more intuitive. Air Conditioning warning indicator issue. Fan a little too loud.