Used 2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Beautiful car and comfortable
By sunny le

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a beautiful car and very comfortable to drive. It equipped with everything with quality built-in you can not get from other car manufacturers. I've just had it for one month and average gas mileage is around 22 mpg. You can get the power when you needed. I think the gas mileage is pretty good for a V-6 (AWD).

I especially like the auto dim rear view and side view mirrors. It never bothers me anymore when driving at night time.

Arm rest on the door side is a little too low for me to rest my arm on it.

First Time Lexus Owner
By Tammy

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Althought the RX 350 has several things going for it, there are at least as many negatives. We were sold on the Lexus reputation for reliability, & so far it holds true. But the cabin isn't as roomy as we'd like for it to be. The car itself is too lightweight. At times I've had the steering feel as though it's being yanked out of my hand during sudden acceleration. No matter how I adjust the outside mirrors I still have huge blind spots. The cargo area has turned out to be so much less than we need. Max. seating for comfort - 4. I miss my Tahoe!

Able to zip in and out of tight places, quick acceleration, great brakes(!), nice sound system, easy to park, nice looking.

Roomier cabin and cargo area. Regular unleaded gas. Reduce blind spots. Not enough difference in size to justify the price for the next step up in Lexus SUV. Should maybe be a little heavier for such horsepower.

Great Car
By Raymond

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is very quiet in high speed. The Navigation system is easy to use.

Back up camera and navigation system.

Need more cargo space.

Transmission Shifting
By Herb

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When you're going around the corner or taking off from a slow speed the car jerks into a lower gear and roars away. It doesn't shift smoothly into the next lower gear and smoothly drive away. It drives me crazy. The dealer "re-flashed" the computer and it didn't help much at all. If it's a problem then Lexus better fix it soon. I've already decided not to buy another even though I love the car otherwise. I may take a very much closer look at the new Toyota Tundra I'm about to buy also.

Everything else except the shifting of the transmission and computer control (drive by wire).

Fix the above and the car will be perfect.

Not up to snuff
By Martha

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at many SUVs including X5 & 3, Q7, Volvo, etc. and figured this would be the best bang for the buck - it's a Lexus, it's gotta be good, right? This model seems to have issues. There is a rattle that appeared right away that comes from the steering column (or dash, not sure), interior quality is not great, brakes are spongy, etc. The dealer recognizes that the rattle noise is strange but played it down saying until Lexus Corp. says otherwise, the party line is that "this is normal". The new engine for the 350 is noisy, sounds like a decent diesel engine but this is a gas engine! I'm conflicted because I want to like it but at 800 miles I'm already thinking about selling.

The seats are very comfortable and the back seats are quite good - the reclining feature is nice. The ride is like a car, so generally you can drive long distances.

Suggest Lexus review this model, the engine in particular, and fix these issues. The new body style is slated to have the same engine so the same problems are likely to arise. The time cannot be changed to military time and the temp. cannot be changed to celsius - strange for a car made in Canada.