2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Transmission Shifting
By Herb on 03/31/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When you're going around the corner or taking off from a slow speed the car jerks into a lower gear and roars away. It doesn't shift smoothly into the next lower gear and smoothly drive away. It drives me crazy. The dealer "re-flashed" the computer and it didn't help much at all. If it's a problem then Lexus better fix it soon. I've already decided not to buy another even though I love the car otherwise. I may take a very much closer look at the new Toyota Tundra I'm about to buy also.

Not up to snuff
By Martha on 03/23/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at many SUVs including X5 & 3, Q7, Volvo, etc. and figured this would be the best bang for the buck - it's a Lexus, it's gotta be good, right? This model seems to have issues. There is a rattle that appeared right away that comes from the steering column (or dash, not sure), interior quality is not great, brakes are spongy, etc. The dealer recognizes that the rattle noise is strange but played it down saying until Lexus Corp. says otherwise, the party line is that "this is normal". The new engine for the 350 is noisy, sounds like a decent diesel engine but this is a gas engine! I'm conflicted because I want to like it but at 800 miles I'm already thinking about selling.

Fantastic car, but ...
By JimB on 03/08/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this car as a replacement for our Honda Odyssey, which we thought was way too large for our family of 4. Fantastic build quality, fantastic engine, nice and high quality interior. The price for the nav is high, but it includes a lot of other goodies such as the HID lights, which are worth the extra expense. The price can exceed $45K quickly, but the RX 350 is one of the better deals out there. Great car for general use, but probably too small for an extended cross-country trip - the trunk and general passenger area are just too small.

Surprise for Wife
By Tadich on 02/19/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I surprised my wife with this vehicle in late January. We both really love it so far. This vehicle replaces a minivan, so there is no comparison regarding comfort and performance. Overall a very impressive ride and our mileage has been better than advertised at 27mpg highway and 22mpg around town. Prior to purchasing this I did a great deal of research, and kept coming back to the Lexus as it offered so much more for the money in my opinion.

A sharp SUV, NAV is excellent!
By K.Nolan on 02/16/07 21:54 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at several models before deciding on the RX, my first SUV. It's a stylish vehicle, and the features have been great. I drive a lot and have moved as well, so the NAV has been priceless for ensuring I never get lost. It has great features I'm still discovering after several months such as being able to preview your route. I love the interior, though as a Jaguar owner, some things have been an adjustment such as the wiper system, and the fact that the seat does not retract when you get out, only the steering wheel. The rear seating is great, esp. the center console which has plenty of room for drinks and snacks for the kids, not the flimsy front of seat you find in some cars.

Great
By Wes on 02/12/07 10:55 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased the RX 350 as a family SUV now that we have a baby. Even though the car is still very new we are so happy with our decision. The 07s have huge discounts now and are much more affordable than the list price. Drives great, very quiet, amazing NAV system and bluetooth. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great family car.

Wish I didn't buy a Lexus
By DBroker on 02/03/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2007 RX 350 loaded. Traded down from a BMW X5 3.0 with 125,000 miles. I thought buying a Lexus would be a good choice since my BMW had a ton of miles on it and the Lexus was much cheaper. The saying is true, you get what you pay for. I've owned the Lexus for 3 weeks, 4 times in the shop. First a mirror, then the bluetooth (X2), and then the driver's seat. I weigh about 180 lbs (so its not me). This car is slow and sloppy. I will be trading it in as soon as get a little equity built up. Very disappointed.

My sexy rxy!
By Jeremy on 02/01/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the RX after an extensive search and over three dozen test drives. The RX is best overall in reliability, safety (backup camera has already saved me a couple of minor bumps) and comfort for any family vehicle that I looked at. Any other car and I'd be giving up on one of the three. I got the Mark Levinson (as a result, the DVD as well, c'mon Lexus!) and it is awesome. The leather is very, very nice. Back seats are comfortable and recline. Rear gate can be opened and shut by remote, which is great during the school drop-off. Mileage has been around 16 around town which is not the best, but on our last 100 mile road trip, we got 28 mpg average on the highway. That's awesome! Congrats to Lexus.

Needs new stereo, otherwise fantastic..
By cpa3 on 01/23/07 14:54 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our fourth Lexus and second RX. Great ride and you sit nice and high. Very luxurious.

Not Bad
By Eric H. on 01/17/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 06 Honda pilot. Now I have an RX 350 AWD the ride is a lot more like a car's. It's got the power to take off in a green light.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.