Used 2007 Lexus RX 350 Base SUV Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

praise is deserved
By Larry Nix

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car has been flawless in all categories. without hesitation, I know this car has been flawless, except for the cup holder near the drivers door. it needs repair. but truly 30 ounce smoothies do not fit a cup holder in anything that's called a car.

RX 350 stinks
By CeCe

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an RX300 and LOVED it! Traded it for a new (at the time 2007) rx350 and its been a lemon from the start. Passenger seat broke twice..dealer wont fix again. Transmission slips (dealer said the car is "thinking" what gear it should be in) Tires wont align properly - 4 sets of tires in 2 years (Dealer said must be my driving), replaced battery, brakes (after 40k miles - seriously??. I NEVER had to do this on my RX300 nor the Volvo or BMW we have!! Electrical system is wacky - sometimes radio wont turn off unless you smack it. Most recently - back seatbelt wouldnt release my SMALL CHILD and had to call 911 for them to cut her out. I may have gotten a lemon - its true - but just be warned.

Exterior appearance only.

They need to stand behind their product more. Next car Im going back to BMW.

Ok Car
By Russell

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, it's a Lexus. Coming from my fingers, that's not a compliment. I'm not the primary driver, but when I do I can find nothing but criticism for it. I myself am a BMW person. I'd certainly rather drive my 1998 528i than this "station wagon." The suspension is horrible, there is no feel for the road -- it is very neutral and muted. Same thing for the steering wheel it is very soft with no feel whatsoever.

The interior layout isn't too bad, compared to say a GM or Ford product. The controls are very easy to use, no need to look for the manual. The HID lights are good -- but then again so is every other marque's stock HID lights.

The door panels are junk -- I'd expect something better in a $40K car. Press your leg against them and see what I mean. The mirror moving down while in reverse doesn't do anything, it only moves down slightly. In my BMW it moves down all the way -- it is actually handy when parallel parking.

Nicest ride I've ever owned
By surfchick500

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my beloved 4Runner with this and it's almost too nice a car for me. It drives great and is so quiet and comfortable it makes the ride more relaxing. I am very happy with the gas mileage, (20-28 mpg) and I agree that the sound system could be nicer. I have absolutely no rattles and love the leather, the moon roof and seats. My dealer is very accommodating and I couldn't be happier. I'm at 30K plus in mileage and my tires are holding up fine. I also love the headlights that turn with the wheels-the lights are so bright you could throw a party in front of your headlights! (not while driving, of course).

The rear door lift button on the key and console, the seat adjustment memory, the seat heater and the sunroof is fairy quiet. I like the way the seats fold down, the little stuff-a first aid kit in the cargo area, free roadside assistance and towing.

A built in mp3 player plug in the sound system would have been nice.

Shake, Rattle, Roll
By Mac

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2000 ES 300 and purchased a RX 350 February, 2007.The RX has rattles everywhere. I have had the RX in the shop for over 18 days in the past 18 months. The noise and rattles are so loud you can hear them over the radio. The dealership has tried to eliminate the rattles, but they remain. The moonroof has been replaced, extra insulation added, etc. with no change. The engine noise is also very loud. The 2000 ES has over 100,000 miles and has never had a rattle, the wind noise is less and the ride and acceleration is much smoother. The ES also has more front leg room. I do not recommend this vehicle.

Power rear door

Keyless ignition. Make the moonroof an option, not standard as this is a persistent noise maker.