Used 2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

2007 Lexus RX350
By henry121999

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently picked up a 2007 RX350 I purchased from Carmax. The SUV has 68k mikes and looked to be in good shape. Since you only have 30 days with Carmax to request repairs (I opted out of their exctended warranty), I took it to my local auto mechanic for a "once over". The mechanic found that the rack and pinion as well as the rear struts were leaking. I drove about an hour an a half back to Carmax in PA for what I thought would be a battle over the repairs. Much to my surprise, the confirmed the leaks and said they would order the parts and replace them. No problem. Hopefully that all works out.

Favorite Features

Overall, the car is great. I traded in a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L. I had five or more in my lifetime and always swore by them. I looked at the Acura RDX and MDX as well as the KIA Sorrento (which I liked very much) The RX has a much nicer, carlike ride, which is what I was looking for. It has the tow hitch as well to mount my bike rack as well. The Lexus is just very upscale looking inside and out and looks to have a good reliability track record. So far so good.

bought used in Nov2010
By jekcartalk

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted to drive the suv for a year before stating my opinion. Traded in a 03MDX (transmission torque converter issue @ 96K miles), and opted for a used 07LexusRX vs new Subaru Outback - $9k cheaper. Overall I am pleased with my purchase, as the car was a premium package w/Nav etc. I agree the Nav is a pain to use because of its limited ability to change while on the move (other than voice commands, which is even more frustrating and distraction when it doesn't recognize what you are saying) than being able to input by touch. Only isuue so far... rear wheel bearing hub which was replaced under warranty (70k Miles for drivetrain) which the dealer promptly notified me. So far so good!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, reasonably quite ride, decent gas mileage 19C/27H - AWD. Handles well in snow. Great travel vehicle for 4 people. Easy Bluetooth set up. 3 power outlets. HID lights. Paint job seems to hold up well against the elements. Power open for rear hatch. Rain sensors operate well. Brakes well. Controls laid out well. Good Customer service- Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system not up to par for luxury car, can not believe it does not have simple input for I phone/MP3 player. Navigation System not great (use Garmin or smart phone). Plus some of the screen functions on Nav system (Info, Audio, etc) could be more intuitive. Air Conditioning warning indicator issue. Fan a little too loud.

Disappointing quality
By wdh

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my RX after owning a GMC Envoy. Unfortunately, I cannot say the RX is any better than the GM product. I think Lexus is really slipping on their vaunted quality. On the plus side, the RX is very well behaved on the road. It handles well and is a comfortable ride. Luxurious interior and nice ameneties. My problems began shortly after the warranty period expired. First, the clips that hold the cargo cover in place quit working. They just snap loose and will not hold. The next problem was with electronics. The sun roof stop sensors quit working, so that the sun roof overshoots the closed position. Very hard to get a rain seal. The switch for the left rear window also quit worki

Favorite Features

Rain sensor wipers

Suggested Improvements

Improve build quality and electronics.

Love it
By BOB

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this rx after having a volvo for 10 yrs. The rx is great. I really like the nav but takes a while too get the hang of it. mileage good, great ride.

Favorite Features

Nav, bluetooth. backup screen

Suggested Improvements

none this is a great car

Nice ride
By THD

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first RX, but our third Lexus. My wife LOVES "her" car. Certainly not a sedan, but I am impressed with the handling and ride from a SUV. MPG isn't bad given the peppy engine and AWD. For a vehicle of this caliber, I would have expected a better stereo system.

Favorite Features

AWD, rear camera, peppy acceleration, looks, ease of getting in/out

Suggested Improvements

Better GPS/Nav. Not very intuitive and lacks a lot of functionality that I have in my Garmin plus $$ for upgrade. Could use more leg room in the driver's seat.