2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
2007 Lexus RX350
By henry121999 on 03/06/14 04:44 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently picked up a 2007 RX350 I purchased from Carmax. The SUV has 68k mikes and looked to be in good shape. Since you only have 30 days with Carmax to request repairs (I opted out of their exctended warranty), I took it to my local auto mechanic for a "once over". The mechanic found that the rack and pinion as well as the rear struts were leaking. I drove about an hour an a half back to Carmax in PA for what I thought would be a battle over the repairs. Much to my surprise, the confirmed the leaks and said they would order the parts and replace them. No problem. Hopefully that all works out.

bought used in Nov2010
By jekcartalk on 12/01/11 06:16 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted to drive the suv for a year before stating my opinion. Traded in a 03MDX (transmission torque converter issue @ 96K miles), and opted for a used 07LexusRX vs new Subaru Outback - $9k cheaper. Overall I am pleased with my purchase, as the car was a premium package w/Nav etc. I agree the Nav is a pain to use because of its limited ability to change while on the move (other than voice commands, which is even more frustrating and distraction when it doesn't recognize what you are saying) than being able to input by touch. Only isuue so far... rear wheel bearing hub which was replaced under warranty (70k Miles for drivetrain) which the dealer promptly notified me. So far so good!

Disappointing quality
By wdh on 06/21/11 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my RX after owning a GMC Envoy. Unfortunately, I cannot say the RX is any better than the GM product. I think Lexus is really slipping on their vaunted quality. On the plus side, the RX is very well behaved on the road. It handles well and is a comfortable ride. Luxurious interior and nice ameneties. My problems began shortly after the warranty period expired. First, the clips that hold the cargo cover in place quit working. They just snap loose and will not hold. The next problem was with electronics. The sun roof stop sensors quit working, so that the sun roof overshoots the closed position. Very hard to get a rain seal. The switch for the left rear window also quit worki

Love it
By BOB on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this rx after having a volvo for 10 yrs. The rx is great. I really like the nav but takes a while too get the hang of it. mileage good, great ride.

Nice ride
By THD on 08/26/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first RX, but our third Lexus. My wife LOVES "her" car. Certainly not a sedan, but I am impressed with the handling and ride from a SUV. MPG isn't bad given the peppy engine and AWD. For a vehicle of this caliber, I would have expected a better stereo system.

Like it a lot!
By Klonny on 07/15/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this after totaling a S Class. The RX350 is no S class, but it's a fine vehicle, dependable, quiet, buttons laid out nice. the drive is solid, but it's not a drivers car, the feel is muted and bland. GPS is great (except you can't change it while driving), stock stereo is not up to par with Benz or Acura. Mileage is truly impressive, if you go the speed limit you get 29 MPG highway! what is disappointing is the "luxury" aspect, the vinyl door inserts instead of leather, a known and persistent rattle from back, no push button start and no aux in. It feels like a luxury car for the masses (which is exactly what it is I guess).

Chech your steering
By jrhickman on 05/08/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car but if you have one keep an eye on your sterring. Hah to replace the rack and pinion after 60k. Dealer wanted $2300. Asked then to call Lexus and they chanded it to labor only. Still $700 I think Lexus ahould have covered the whole bill

love my Lexus
By RL on 04/04/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always driven the traditional big station wagon/SUV, after my boys left home it was time to downsize and go for comfort. My husband had a 13 year old Lexus es300 w/300,000 mi when it was finally time to let it go so it was obvious to me that Lexus was the answer and it has not disappointed. I have 45K mi on my 2007RXAWD and couldn't be happier. It has enough cargo space, good MPG, and creature comfort features I love. I am waiting to see what new features are to come out on the new RX, as I think gas consumption is an issue that may warrant serious engine changes, and then I hope to get another.

Great Luxury Car
By Balaji Arunachalam on 04/02/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we bought Lexus RX350, we also looked at Benz ML350, BMW X5, Infiniti Fx35. BMW X5 (2007 or later) would have made us pay an additional 10K on price. We didn't like 2006 or earlier models of BMW X5 (as 2007 is a fully remodeled one). X5 is also not very good with gas mileage. Benz ML350: Bad gas mileage, little bit lagging in trunk size. FX35: Really poor rear seat legroom, very bad trunk size. Finally Lexus won with its luxurious interior, nice mileage, smooth ride, reasonable price, pre-owned certification and warranty. It has plenty of legroom for all passengers, nice trunk size, flawless bluetooth integration, GPS, std moonroof, awesome sound system, auto trunk door opener etc.

Love it
By Tara on 03/19/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2007 Lexus rx350. I love the way it drives. It's quiet and smooth. I am disappointed about the xm radio. There is a button for it, so I assumed all came equipped to buy xm. Mine doesn't come with it, and to install it would cost me $500. If it doesn't come with that option, don't put the "sat" but in the car!! There is no room for me to put a portable one, I don't want it on my dash.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.