2007 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
RX 350 stinks
By CeCe on 09/30/09 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an RX300 and LOVED it! Traded it for a new (at the time 2007) rx350 and its been a lemon from the start. Passenger seat broke twice..dealer wont fix again. Transmission slips (dealer said the car is "thinking" what gear it should be in) Tires wont align properly - 4 sets of tires in 2 years (Dealer said must be my driving), replaced battery, brakes (after 40k miles - seriously??. I NEVER had to do this on my RX300 nor the Volvo or BMW we have!! Electrical system is wacky - sometimes radio wont turn off unless you smack it. Most recently - back seatbelt wouldnt release my SMALL CHILD and had to call 911 for them to cut her out. I may have gotten a lemon - its true - but just be warned.

Ok Car
By Russell on 02/27/09 17:41 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, it's a Lexus. Coming from my fingers, that's not a compliment. I'm not the primary driver, but when I do I can find nothing but criticism for it. I myself am a BMW person. I'd certainly rather drive my 1998 528i than this "station wagon." The suspension is horrible, there is no feel for the road -- it is very neutral and muted. Same thing for the steering wheel it is very soft with no feel whatsoever.

Nicest ride I've ever owned
By surfchick500 on 08/01/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my beloved 4Runner with this and it's almost too nice a car for me. It drives great and is so quiet and comfortable it makes the ride more relaxing. I am very happy with the gas mileage, (20-28 mpg) and I agree that the sound system could be nicer. I have absolutely no rattles and love the leather, the moon roof and seats. My dealer is very accommodating and I couldn't be happier. I'm at 30K plus in mileage and my tires are holding up fine. I also love the headlights that turn with the wheels-the lights are so bright you could throw a party in front of your headlights! (not while driving, of course).

Shake, Rattle, Roll
By Mac on 07/23/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2000 ES 300 and purchased a RX 350 February, 2007.The RX has rattles everywhere. I have had the RX in the shop for over 18 days in the past 18 months. The noise and rattles are so loud you can hear them over the radio. The dealership has tried to eliminate the rattles, but they remain. The moonroof has been replaced, extra insulation added, etc. with no change. The engine noise is also very loud. The 2000 ES has over 100,000 miles and has never had a rattle, the wind noise is less and the ride and acceleration is much smoother. The ES also has more front leg room. I do not recommend this vehicle.

Way better than new EPA mpg
By Bob in Texas on 07/14/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I characterize the RX-350 as a luxury small SUV (most call it a medium size. With 270 hp it keeps the lead footers mostly pleased and for the more average to docile drivers the 26.8 mpg that I recorded on a 330 mile stint on interstate 10 on cruise control at 71 mph is EPA busting. On a 1040 mile trip I recorded an average of 25.8 mpg. Now mind you I never exceeded 75 mph on this trip, but for the economy fan, where else are you going with that kind of power.

New Lex RX 350
By ESL1227 on 03/02/08 15:13 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All in all I'm satisfied with it, 2nd Lexus I've owned, I can't decide whether I like it better than my 93 LS 400 though. The vehicle is so smooth that it kind of takes away from the driving experience. That and the blindspots are my only complaint. Also, the standard stereo is mediocre at best for a vehicle of this caliber. Definitely opt for the Mark Levinson system if possible. The exterior is classy and modern, the interior is gorgeous and ridiculously comfortable, and again it drives so smooth it's pretty much not "fun" to drive. That's good for some people I suppose.

Overall the Perfect Family Vehicle
By griffintish on 12/12/07 19:11 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect car to get from point A to point B. I wouldn't necessarily call it "fun to drive" but it definitely has some power underneath the hood. Interior quality is very good, and the standard power lift-gate is very convenient. Only major complaint is the standard sound system, its not bad but definently not for an audiophile, and the Mark Levinson package is really pricey.

Luxury SUV With Great Gas Mileage
By Shawn on 10/11/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our RX 350 for over a year now and enjoy driving it. The overall performance is excellent and it shifts so smoothly. Our only complaint is the tire wear. Our current set of tires is Goodyear and has less than 30% of the treadwear left. Our gas mileage is far better than the actual sticker. Close to 24 MPG in the city and 28 MPG on the highway!

First Time Lexus Owner
By Tammy on 04/10/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Althought the RX 350 has several things going for it, there are at least as many negatives. We were sold on the Lexus reputation for reliability, & so far it holds true. But the cabin isn't as roomy as we'd like for it to be. The car itself is too lightweight. At times I've had the steering feel as though it's being yanked out of my hand during sudden acceleration. No matter how I adjust the outside mirrors I still have huge blind spots. The cargo area has turned out to be so much less than we need. Max. seating for comfort - 4. I miss my Tahoe!

Surprise for Wife
By Tadich on 02/19/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I surprised my wife with this vehicle in late January. We both really love it so far. This vehicle replaces a minivan, so there is no comparison regarding comfort and performance. Overall a very impressive ride and our mileage has been better than advertised at 27mpg highway and 22mpg around town. Prior to purchasing this I did a great deal of research, and kept coming back to the Lexus as it offered so much more for the money in my opinion.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.