2007 Lexus RX 350 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

RX 350 stinks
By CeCe

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an RX300 and LOVED it! Traded it for a new (at the time 2007) rx350 and its been a lemon from the start. Passenger seat broke twice..dealer wont fix again. Transmission slips (dealer said the car is "thinking" what gear it should be in) Tires wont align properly - 4 sets of tires in 2 years (Dealer said must be my driving), replaced battery, brakes (after 40k miles - seriously??. I NEVER had to do this on my RX300 nor the Volvo or BMW we have!! Electrical system is wacky - sometimes radio wont turn off unless you smack it. Most recently - back seatbelt wouldnt release my SMALL CHILD and had to call 911 for them to cut her out. I may have gotten a lemon - its true - but just be warned.

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance only.

Suggested Improvements

They need to stand behind their product more. Next car Im going back to BMW.

Ok Car
By Russell

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, it's a Lexus. Coming from my fingers, that's not a compliment. I'm not the primary driver, but when I do I can find nothing but criticism for it. I myself am a BMW person. I'd certainly rather drive my 1998 528i than this "station wagon." The suspension is horrible, there is no feel for the road -- it is very neutral and muted. Same thing for the steering wheel it is very soft with no feel whatsoever.

Favorite Features

The interior layout isn't too bad, compared to say a GM or Ford product. The controls are very easy to use, no need to look for the manual. The HID lights are good -- but then again so is every other marque's stock HID lights.

Suggested Improvements

The door panels are junk -- I'd expect something better in a $40K car. Press your leg against them and see what I mean. The mirror moving down while in reverse doesn't do anything, it only moves down slightly. In my BMW it moves down all the way -- it is actually handy when parallel parking.

Nicest ride I've ever owned
By surfchick500

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my beloved 4Runner with this and it's almost too nice a car for me. It drives great and is so quiet and comfortable it makes the ride more relaxing. I am very happy with the gas mileage, (20-28 mpg) and I agree that the sound system could be nicer. I have absolutely no rattles and love the leather, the moon roof and seats. My dealer is very accommodating and I couldn't be happier. I'm at 30K plus in mileage and my tires are holding up fine. I also love the headlights that turn with the wheels-the lights are so bright you could throw a party in front of your headlights! (not while driving, of course).

Favorite Features

The rear door lift button on the key and console, the seat adjustment memory, the seat heater and the sunroof is fairy quiet. I like the way the seats fold down, the little stuff-a first aid kit in the cargo area, free roadside assistance and towing.

Suggested Improvements

A built in mp3 player plug in the sound system would have been nice.

Shake, Rattle, Roll
By Mac

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2000 ES 300 and purchased a RX 350 February, 2007.The RX has rattles everywhere. I have had the RX in the shop for over 18 days in the past 18 months. The noise and rattles are so loud you can hear them over the radio. The dealership has tried to eliminate the rattles, but they remain. The moonroof has been replaced, extra insulation added, etc. with no change. The engine noise is also very loud. The 2000 ES has over 100,000 miles and has never had a rattle, the wind noise is less and the ride and acceleration is much smoother. The ES also has more front leg room. I do not recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Power rear door

Suggested Improvements

Keyless ignition. Make the moonroof an option, not standard as this is a persistent noise maker.

Way better than new EPA mpg
By Bob in Texas

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I characterize the RX-350 as a luxury small SUV (most call it a medium size. With 270 hp it keeps the lead footers mostly pleased and for the more average to docile drivers the 26.8 mpg that I recorded on a 330 mile stint on interstate 10 on cruise control at 71 mph is EPA busting. On a 1040 mile trip I recorded an average of 25.8 mpg. Now mind you I never exceeded 75 mph on this trip, but for the economy fan, where else are you going with that kind of power.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, exterior styling, rain sensing wipers, memory power seats, std radio (its very adequate), quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Need to put the trip computer scroll button on the steering wheel, telescope wheel needs about one half inch more travel, trip comp distance and trip time reset every time ignition is turned off, trip comp mpg reads about 7% high but don't all cars?

New Lex RX 350
By ESL1227

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All in all I'm satisfied with it, 2nd Lexus I've owned, I can't decide whether I like it better than my 93 LS 400 though. The vehicle is so smooth that it kind of takes away from the driving experience. That and the blindspots are my only complaint. Also, the standard stereo is mediocre at best for a vehicle of this caliber. Definitely opt for the Mark Levinson system if possible. The exterior is classy and modern, the interior is gorgeous and ridiculously comfortable, and again it drives so smooth it's pretty much not "fun" to drive. That's good for some people I suppose.

Favorite Features

Design, seat comfort, drivetrain and transmission, mark levinson system, fact that it's a Lexus through and through!

Suggested Improvements

Standard stereo is a joke. There are noticeable, somewhat irritating blindspots. Also, the "fun to drive" factor is simply not there so sporty drivers, be warned, you'll feel like you bought a mommy-mobile, seriously. Gas mileage, pretty disappointing.

Overall the Perfect Family Vehicle
By griffintish

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect car to get from point A to point B. I wouldn't necessarily call it "fun to drive" but it definitely has some power underneath the hood. Interior quality is very good, and the standard power lift-gate is very convenient. Only major complaint is the standard sound system, its not bad but definently not for an audiophile, and the Mark Levinson package is really pricey.

Favorite Features

Power Lift-gate.

Suggested Improvements

Better standard stereo.

Luxury SUV With Great Gas Mileage
By Shawn

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our RX 350 for over a year now and enjoy driving it. The overall performance is excellent and it shifts so smoothly. Our only complaint is the tire wear. Our current set of tires is Goodyear and has less than 30% of the treadwear left. Our gas mileage is far better than the actual sticker. Close to 24 MPG in the city and 28 MPG on the highway!

Favorite Features

Automatic trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires.

First Time Lexus Owner
By Tammy

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Althought the RX 350 has several things going for it, there are at least as many negatives. We were sold on the Lexus reputation for reliability, & so far it holds true. But the cabin isn't as roomy as we'd like for it to be. The car itself is too lightweight. At times I've had the steering feel as though it's being yanked out of my hand during sudden acceleration. No matter how I adjust the outside mirrors I still have huge blind spots. The cargo area has turned out to be so much less than we need. Max. seating for comfort - 4. I miss my Tahoe!

Favorite Features

Able to zip in and out of tight places, quick acceleration, great brakes(!), nice sound system, easy to park, nice looking.

Suggested Improvements

Roomier cabin and cargo area. Regular unleaded gas. Reduce blind spots. Not enough difference in size to justify the price for the next step up in Lexus SUV. Should maybe be a little heavier for such horsepower.

Surprise for Wife
By Tadich

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I surprised my wife with this vehicle in late January. We both really love it so far. This vehicle replaces a minivan, so there is no comparison regarding comfort and performance. Overall a very impressive ride and our mileage has been better than advertised at 27mpg highway and 22mpg around town. Prior to purchasing this I did a great deal of research, and kept coming back to the Lexus as it offered so much more for the money in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, bluetooth, auto liftgate.

Suggested Improvements

The stock stereo is the weakest part of this car. It just doesn't cut it if you're an audiophile at all. It's not bad, just not outstanding.