Used 2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Luxury
By Diane

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It drives so smooth. Drives good in the snow. Seat warmers are great. Back up camera is great also. The navigation and bluetooth really are the step above luxury.

Favorite Features

All.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Average looks, above average reliability
By lindsey

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my rx for almost 3 years it has been relatively maintenance free, yet is not that comfortable, very noisy road noise and does not feel that safe as far as handling. Going back to a German car. Not for me

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

handling. Transmission is not smooth

Doesn't get much better than this
By SUV2SUV

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is basically a Toyota Highlander with upgraded trim, equipment and dealer network. That said, you give up some space for much better ergonomics, a little more style (although neither vehicle is going to win any one-off design awards) and gizmos. Reliability is Toyota all the way, but with a service department that is told to treat you like a valued customer instead of joe schmo. Performance is in the range of a Camry (same chassis, not surprising) which is to say it gets you to Target and back but you're not going to be autoXing this thing. Despite the supposed exclusivity of Lexus, the RX sells well so you see a ton.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More cubby holes to hold phone, change, etc.

2004 RX330 AWD
By jodar96

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This RX is my wife's but I drive it on trips or when we are both in the car. Purchased ours in Nov 2008 with 35K miles. Had the condensation in right headlight when we bought it. While outside warranty, Lexus agreed to replace it and I paid $500 off $1800 bill!!!!! Radiator leaked. I replaced it myself but found out lexus had extended warranty that would have replaced it free. The same side hedalight had condensation again. Fixed it this time by applying silicone around the lens. It has worked perfectly. Very comfortable seats/driving position on long trips, quiet, roomy. It has aged very well. leather in seating area is top notch. Currently at 95K miles and ready to sell it.

Favorite Features

Very reliable, smooth, and quiet. Built well. well equipped. Good highway vehicle. Drove exceptionally well in one bad snow and icy weather trip. Best choice tire (not cheap) is Bridgstone Dueler Alenza. They have gone 60K miles so far and still good. Engine, transmission, brakes hold up well. So has the paint and body panels. it is 9 years old and there is no rust anywhere and we live in a snow belt state.

Suggested Improvements

I did not like the timing belt expense of $580 at 90K miles. The 3.5L in RX350 uses chain so that won't be an expense in our 2010 RX350. The gas tank capacity says 19.5 gallon. I could never ever put more than 17.5 gallons in it no matter how dry it was. I honestly can not ask for any improvement change in this 2004 RX. I really think the 2004-2009 have much compact and nimble feel to them than the 2010-2013 style. The new ones look and feel bulky. Shutting the doors is not as mooth as the ones in older generation. The older 330 used regular gas, the 350 used premium tthat could add up when owning these for 5-7 years.

RX 330
By consumer

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2006 RX 330 in November, the mileage is over 3000 and we only went to the dealer for a oil change. Nothing is wrong and the comfort is great. The front seats can lay back flat and the back seats can recline to. There is a back up camera and sensors. There are I believe eight airbags but I did not fully count it. The GPS is great but sometimes will lose its accuracy. Very very reliable. I am waiting for the 2009 Lexus RX 350.

Favorite Features

The back up camera and the rain sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

None