2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
2004 RX330 AWD
By jodar96 on 06/26/13 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This RX is my wife's but I drive it on trips or when we are both in the car. Purchased ours in Nov 2008 with 35K miles. Had the condensation in right headlight when we bought it. While outside warranty, Lexus agreed to replace it and I paid $500 off $1800 bill!!!!! Radiator leaked. I replaced it myself but found out lexus had extended warranty that would have replaced it free. The same side hedalight had condensation again. Fixed it this time by applying silicone around the lens. It has worked perfectly. Very comfortable seats/driving position on long trips, quiet, roomy. It has aged very well. leather in seating area is top notch. Currently at 95K miles and ready to sell it.

Vehicle Sway
By biana on 12/26/10 17:33 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2066 RX330 has 60K miles and has just recently started swaying slightly on straight roads. The wheels do not move but the body feels like it is swaying on the chassis. has anyone else experienced this?

Average looks, above average reliability
By lindsey on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my rx for almost 3 years it has been relatively maintenance free, yet is not that comfortable, very noisy road noise and does not feel that safe as far as handling. Going back to a German car. Not for me

LUV MY LEX
By LEXGRL on 02/05/10 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

From the time I test drove the RX330 I instantly knew this was the vehicle I wanted. So luxurious. Seats are comfortable. Smooth ride, feels safe and is best looking SUV in its class.

Hesitation and squealing of belts
By bryan on 11/15/09 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My car rides and looks the part... but hesitates shifting on highway and in town. I had to have the drive shaft replaced luckily under warranty. It recently started squealing like a bad belt. I have had to replace the brakes at only 55k. The maintenance is definitely way more than their over blown reputation.

Never a problem, luxury drive
By sscott on 04/25/08 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Everyone that drives my car says what a "nice ride" it is. I love it's turning radius, comfort, features, visibility, styling, performance and most of all, reliability. I have had zero problems in 25 months of ownership.

Luxury
By Diane on 11/02/07 23:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It drives so smooth. Drives good in the snow. Seat warmers are great. Back up camera is great also. The navigation and bluetooth really are the step above luxury.

More problems since 8/13/07 review
By retired on 09/01/07 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota dealer advised @ 30k service that vehicle needs to go to Lexus (100 miles one way) for oil leak "back 1 cam seal leaking." If it were off warranty it'd be about $500. This combined with problems stated 8/13/07 will force us to switch makes next trade - have NO confidence in running the vehicle past warranty. This is still a young vehicle for the problems we've had.

Problems
By retired on 08/13/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

15 mos in service. At 25k miles, a/c clutch and hub replaced, power steering unit replaced, steering shaft "U" bolt replaced (to stop grinding sound), with tires rotated and checked for wear the Goodyears became noisy @ 25k miles and wore unevenly, tire rep said they usually give 25-27k miles service! Replacements are expensive as "performance" tires are mandatory. New Michelins are doing just fine. Numerous rattles were finally fixed after many miles of aggravation. Key areas failed not the "toys". Limited number of dealerships is a minus.

Doesn't get much better than this
By SUV2SUV on 02/01/07 17:58 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is basically a Toyota Highlander with upgraded trim, equipment and dealer network. That said, you give up some space for much better ergonomics, a little more style (although neither vehicle is going to win any one-off design awards) and gizmos. Reliability is Toyota all the way, but with a service department that is told to treat you like a valued customer instead of joe schmo. Performance is in the range of a Camry (same chassis, not surprising) which is to say it gets you to Target and back but you're not going to be autoXing this thing. Despite the supposed exclusivity of Lexus, the RX sells well so you see a ton.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.