2006 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
More problems since 8/13/07 review
By retired on 09/01/07 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota dealer advised @ 30k service that vehicle needs to go to Lexus (100 miles one way) for oil leak "back 1 cam seal leaking." If it were off warranty it'd be about $500. This combined with problems stated 8/13/07 will force us to switch makes next trade - have NO confidence in running the vehicle past warranty. This is still a young vehicle for the problems we've had.

Problems
By retired on 08/13/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

15 mos in service. At 25k miles, a/c clutch and hub replaced, power steering unit replaced, steering shaft "U" bolt replaced (to stop grinding sound), with tires rotated and checked for wear the Goodyears became noisy @ 25k miles and wore unevenly, tire rep said they usually give 25-27k miles service! Replacements are expensive as "performance" tires are mandatory. New Michelins are doing just fine. Numerous rattles were finally fixed after many miles of aggravation. Key areas failed not the "toys". Limited number of dealerships is a minus.

RX 330
By consumer on 08/29/06 03:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2006 RX 330 in November, the mileage is over 3000 and we only went to the dealer for a oil change. Nothing is wrong and the comfort is great. The front seats can lay back flat and the back seats can recline to. There is a back up camera and sensors. There are I believe eight airbags but I did not fully count it. The GPS is great but sometimes will lose its accuracy. Very very reliable. I am waiting for the 2009 Lexus RX 350.

Joy to Ride
By Howard on 08/05/06 05:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The idea of being able to slide into a car seat without bending is great on an older body. This car drives smooth both in the city and on the highway. Pick up speed when needed is there. Comfort while driving is a plus. The car is reliable - knowing that your vehicle will not break down at any time is a relief. Lexus dealerships are among the best anywhere, both for service and help. I really love my car. My friends who drive with me all compliment the features of this car.

Likes & Dislikes
By John Carey on 04/30/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives and rides like a dream. The acceleration is outstanding for a 6 cylinder engine. When starting the engine I can't tell if it is running, it is so quite. The trunk is huge. I am very impressed with the car overall.

Best SUV for the money
By davduf on 02/18/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Consumer Reports and reading Edmunds owner reports were very helpful in making my decision to buy the RX. Hopefully, the Lexus will be reliable and pretty easy on the wallet. The Hybrid would be a fun toy but I couldn't make the math work. They make you take the NAV and back-up camera so the price is actually $6000 more than a regular well-equipped RX. ($41,171 MSRP in Socal)

I love this car
By Mrs. J in SC on 11/30/05 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had recently purchased the RX330 and I am in love with this vehicle. This SUV has everything that I want. My husband has driven my car and he is really impressed as well. This is my first Lexus and I know this will not be my last.

Our First Lexus
By B.LEAMON on 11/29/05 08:38 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've driven Toyota products for the past 8 years and decided to upgrade to the Lexus this year. The "RX 330" fit all our needs and we are delighted with it so far. I can't see us driving anything else in the future, this vehicle is perfect for us. It is "eerily" quiet and smooth and handles deceptively well. The sound system is great and the” creature comforts" are outstanding.

6th Lexus in 7 years
By L. Smith on 11/15/05 09:59 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first front wheel drive Lexus product. To be honest, it will probably be our last. The RX 330 has a very well laid out interior, great leather, good controls. The engine is a little hard to start and loud. There is significantly more road noise with the RX than our previous Lexus SUVs we have owned. We never expereinced this with other Lexus products. For basic transportation the RX 330 is fine. I feel the RX 330 is over rated and over priced.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.