Used 2006 Lexus RX 330 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

More problems since 8/13/07 review
By retired

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota dealer advised @ 30k service that vehicle needs to go to Lexus (100 miles one way) for oil leak "back 1 cam seal leaking." If it were off warranty it'd be about $500. This combined with problems stated 8/13/07 will force us to switch makes next trade - have NO confidence in running the vehicle past warranty. This is still a young vehicle for the problems we've had.

Suggested Improvements

You are tied to a limited number of dealerships for warranty work. Maybe Toyota could augment existing network for mechanical warranty work.

Problems
By retired

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

15 mos in service. At 25k miles, a/c clutch and hub replaced, power steering unit replaced, steering shaft "U" bolt replaced (to stop grinding sound), with tires rotated and checked for wear the Goodyears became noisy @ 25k miles and wore unevenly, tire rep said they usually give 25-27k miles service! Replacements are expensive as "performance" tires are mandatory. New Michelins are doing just fine. Numerous rattles were finally fixed after many miles of aggravation. Key areas failed not the "toys". Limited number of dealerships is a minus.

Favorite Features

Outside mirror tilt when in reverse.

Suggested Improvements

Fix erratic transmission shifting.

RX 330
By consumer

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2006 RX 330 in November, the mileage is over 3000 and we only went to the dealer for a oil change. Nothing is wrong and the comfort is great. The front seats can lay back flat and the back seats can recline to. There is a back up camera and sensors. There are I believe eight airbags but I did not fully count it. The GPS is great but sometimes will lose its accuracy. Very very reliable. I am waiting for the 2009 Lexus RX 350.

Favorite Features

The back up camera and the rain sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

None

Joy to Ride
By Howard

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The idea of being able to slide into a car seat without bending is great on an older body. This car drives smooth both in the city and on the highway. Pick up speed when needed is there. Comfort while driving is a plus. The car is reliable - knowing that your vehicle will not break down at any time is a relief. Lexus dealerships are among the best anywhere, both for service and help. I really love my car. My friends who drive with me all compliment the features of this car.

Favorite Features

Styling is modern and sleek. Dashboard is easy to read. Comfort unbelievable. Driving smoothness and quick pick up a dream.

Suggested Improvements

none

Likes & Dislikes
By John Carey

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives and rides like a dream. The acceleration is outstanding for a 6 cylinder engine. When starting the engine I can't tell if it is running, it is so quite. The trunk is huge. I am very impressed with the car overall.

Favorite Features

Overall quality

Suggested Improvements

I do not like the LCD read outs on radio and AC panels. Too difficult to read. I don't like the fact that you cannot lock the doors if one door is open. You must close all doors before you can lock the doors with the remote. The seat adjustment should be automatic when you put the key in the ignition.