2006 Lexus RX 330 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
More problems since 8/13/07 review
By retired

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota dealer advised @ 30k service that vehicle needs to go to Lexus (100 miles one way) for oil leak "back 1 cam seal leaking." If it were off warranty it'd be about $500. This combined with problems stated 8/13/07 will force us to switch makes next trade - have NO confidence in running the vehicle past warranty. This is still a young vehicle for the problems we've had.

Suggested Improvements

You are tied to a limited number of dealerships for warranty work. Maybe Toyota could augment existing network for mechanical warranty work.

Problems
By retired

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

15 mos in service. At 25k miles, a/c clutch and hub replaced, power steering unit replaced, steering shaft "U" bolt replaced (to stop grinding sound), with tires rotated and checked for wear the Goodyears became noisy @ 25k miles and wore unevenly, tire rep said they usually give 25-27k miles service! Replacements are expensive as "performance" tires are mandatory. New Michelins are doing just fine. Numerous rattles were finally fixed after many miles of aggravation. Key areas failed not the "toys". Limited number of dealerships is a minus.

Favorite Features

Outside mirror tilt when in reverse.

Suggested Improvements

Fix erratic transmission shifting.

RX 330
By consumer

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2006 RX 330 in November, the mileage is over 3000 and we only went to the dealer for a oil change. Nothing is wrong and the comfort is great. The front seats can lay back flat and the back seats can recline to. There is a back up camera and sensors. There are I believe eight airbags but I did not fully count it. The GPS is great but sometimes will lose its accuracy. Very very reliable. I am waiting for the 2009 Lexus RX 350.

Favorite Features

The back up camera and the rain sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

None

Joy to Ride
By Howard

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The idea of being able to slide into a car seat without bending is great on an older body. This car drives smooth both in the city and on the highway. Pick up speed when needed is there. Comfort while driving is a plus. The car is reliable - knowing that your vehicle will not break down at any time is a relief. Lexus dealerships are among the best anywhere, both for service and help. I really love my car. My friends who drive with me all compliment the features of this car.

Favorite Features

Styling is modern and sleek. Dashboard is easy to read. Comfort unbelievable. Driving smoothness and quick pick up a dream.

Suggested Improvements

none

Likes & Dislikes
By John Carey

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives and rides like a dream. The acceleration is outstanding for a 6 cylinder engine. When starting the engine I can't tell if it is running, it is so quite. The trunk is huge. I am very impressed with the car overall.

Favorite Features

Overall quality

Suggested Improvements

I do not like the LCD read outs on radio and AC panels. Too difficult to read. I don't like the fact that you cannot lock the doors if one door is open. You must close all doors before you can lock the doors with the remote. The seat adjustment should be automatic when you put the key in the ignition.

Best SUV for the money
By davduf

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Consumer Reports and reading Edmunds owner reports were very helpful in making my decision to buy the RX. Hopefully, the Lexus will be reliable and pretty easy on the wallet. The Hybrid would be a fun toy but I couldn't make the math work. They make you take the NAV and back-up camera so the price is actually $6000 more than a regular well-equipped RX. ($41,171 MSRP in Socal)

Favorite Features

Well designed interior layout Good storage compartments Average 23 MPG on freeway/ 18 around town Seems to run fine on regular unleaded, no pinging. Power rear door Lexus stereo sounds great High intensity headlights that move as you turn.

Suggested Improvements

Power steering assist is a bit too much: Needs more road feel for windy roads. Suspension could be tighter but this is probably a good reason to get the Performance Pkg with air suspension system.

I love this car
By Mrs. J in SC

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had recently purchased the RX330 and I am in love with this vehicle. This SUV has everything that I want. My husband has driven my car and he is really impressed as well. This is my first Lexus and I know this will not be my last.

Favorite Features

HID Lights Heated Seats 6 Disc Changer Telescopic steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

A system similar to ONStar. Backup cameras should be standard. Satellite Radio installed like the Acura MDX.

Our First Lexus
By B.LEAMON

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've driven Toyota products for the past 8 years and decided to upgrade to the Lexus this year. The "RX 330" fit all our needs and we are delighted with it so far. I can't see us driving anything else in the future, this vehicle is perfect for us. It is "eerily" quiet and smooth and handles deceptively well. The sound system is great and the” creature comforts" are outstanding.

Favorite Features

Heated seats (leather) .... sound system and ease of entry.

Suggested Improvements

Larger arm rests and "more" adjustment of steering wheel/column.

6th Lexus in 7 years
By L. Smith

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first front wheel drive Lexus product. To be honest, it will probably be our last. The RX 330 has a very well laid out interior, great leather, good controls. The engine is a little hard to start and loud. There is significantly more road noise with the RX than our previous Lexus SUVs we have owned. We never expereinced this with other Lexus products. For basic transportation the RX 330 is fine. I feel the RX 330 is over rated and over priced.

Favorite Features

Power lift gate and easy to operate controls. Great interior quality. Very good Lexus dealer.

Suggested Improvements

More front head room. More powerful engine. Brochure says 230 hp, feels like 190 hp. WHY DOES THE RX 330 OWNERS MANUAL SAY IT IS NORMAL FOR THE RX TO USE UP TO 1 QUART OF OIL EVERY 600 MILES? If Ford or GM put a statement like this in a manual, it would make front page news.