Transmission guy is wrong
By jwheeler on
2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
One of the consumer reviews I read on Edmund's site knocked the RX 330 transmission as sluggishly shifting. I bought one last month and found there was no problem with mine. The car is a complete joy and we are delighted with our purchase. I am mystified by the transmission comment. I also like the way the side mirrors adjust downward when in reverse, again opposite to another person's comment. Different strokes, I guess. I was disappointed to find that not all options described were readily available at the dealership, such as the adjustable headlights and the laser cruise control. I was told, "They build them all the same except for the Nav and entertainment systems."
Favorite Features
Automatic wipers (amazing!), one-button electric seat adjustment, power rear-door, dual a/c controls.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation display hard to read in sunlight, operator's manual needs some work (by someone whose native language is English), front seats need adjustable thigh-support for tall people (as in some other Lexus models). I wish the steering wheel extended just a little closer to me (I am 6' 2" tall.)