2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Review: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my RX330

2005 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

By 1summerred on

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really do love this vehicle. I wasn't even in the market for a Lexus. I have owned 3 Toyota 4-Runners in the past and was looking for another 4-Runner when I found my Lexus gem. I was looking in the $15K price range and wanted leather interior and 4 wheel drive. I was not able to find a 4-Runner that met these needs in my price range. I haphazardly saw the Lexus RX330 at a dealer lot, test drove it and fell in love. It didn't hurt that it only had 65k miles and was $15K with more bells and whistles than what I was originally looking for. I wont buy anything else. I also had a great dealership to work with which helped immensely.

The comfort and smooth drive. The height of the vehicle. I like sitting higher and the seats allow you to adjust where you want to sit in height. The quality of the leather interior, the look of the exterior, esp the back tail lights. The quality of the exterior paint, the turning radius. I love everything about it!

The front headlights are a problem but I knew this going into the buy. The seals leak and let fluid get into the headlights. Apparently I found out that there was a class action lawsuit against Lexus for this. I believe the 2004, 2005 and 2006 RX models had this problem. It is a pricey fix too. Around $1700 per headlight to replace. I'm lucky to have a "McGyver" boyfriend that has found a way to dry them out and seal them properly without having to take it in.