2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Review: Best Car Ever

2005 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Review

Best Car Ever
By Batteryman on

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we ever had. You sit up high and get the SUV feel, but still get pretty much the 18/24 mpg advertised. It may be slightly under- powered for some, but that's the price of decent mileage. It has been completely reliable. The controls are ergonomic - placed logically just where they ought to be. One exception: the GPS navigation system is complex and somewhat counter-intuitive. Expect a learning curve of some weeks. The low-profile tires are more expensive than the regular kind, but they look great. I replaced them at Walmart in 2009 with top-quality for about $1,000. Groceries tend to slide in the cargo area - the "cargo net" sold as a $60 option is useless.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, automatic seat/mirror adjustment (I am 6'2", my wife 5'2"), downward-adjusting side mirrors (in reverse), rear camera when backing, smooth, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify GPS navigation system, provide compartmentalized plastic inserts for cargo area to prevent sliding groceries (I made my own).