Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Great luxury SUV
By Karim

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has everything I wanted inside of a SUV. It rides smooth. The accessories are easy to reach. And the nav does everything the drives tells it to do. Great SUV would not trade it for any other SUV.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the voice recognize nav.

Suggested Improvements

None

Lady Driver
By Lady Driver

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I researched alot of SUV's before chosing the Lexus RX 330. I've had SUV's in the past, from a Hummer to an Escalade to an Expedition. Of all, this one is obviously the best gas mileage, but it also drives and handles great. I read all the reviews, and yes there is a slight blind spot, but as long as you look over shoulder, it's great. Also read about slow gear change. I tried it on test drive and could not get it to miss a beat at any speed. I drive 75 miles round trip to work and love the way it handles. Only thing I'd change is the arm rest, it's just a bit awkward to me. Most of the so-so reviews are by men, and I think this is a definite lady's vehicle. I love mine!

Favorite Features

Back up camera, trunk gate lift on keyless entry and also button to activate if you chose. Love the nav system for maintenance records and calendar. Quiet ride and roomy. Sliding console is also a plus. My children (twins 11) love the dvd player, and I do too, since it makes for a quiet trip.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest is too small or too short, not sure which. Put gas gauge over so you can see it easier, steering wheel covers it up when down. Neither is something I can not live with, but just my own opinion. Gas tank release is also a bit low, again my opinion, YES I'd buy it all over again.

A fine Lexus
By CW

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable for driver and passengers with important conveniences e.g. cupholders, multiple seat adjustments. Nav system pretty easy to figure out, rear camera great safety item. Smooth and reliable ride.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, convenience. Power rear door is car's best feature!

Suggested Improvements

Quality tires (really bald after only 25,000 miles) Coin holder, front passenger seat cup holder, more sensitve headlight sensor, better interior lighting

Getting Spoiled by Lexus
By Allan

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have a dressed up RX330 with navigation. Have been very impressed with quality, comfort, quiet ride, performance, handling. Have talked with friends who've driven Lexus for 20 years and never needed a repair. Dealership was great, service is great, car is fun to drive. My wife is primary driver, and I thought I would never get her out of her Land Rover (she has a phobia about running into a deer). After one day in the Lexus, she's never gone back to the Land Rover, and will probably buy Lexus from now on. Only complaint: not enough storage bins in front (no place for parking/toll change). Could take a lesson from the Toyota Sienna XLE. Could use parking sonar, too.

Favorite Features

Navigation; styling; ride quality; performance (though I'm running at risk of a speeding ticket -- the car is so quiet, you forget how fast you're going). Top of the list: quality. Price is also great for the quality of the car. Friends have moved from Mercedes to Lexus without regret.

Suggested Improvements

Add 5-point parking sonar (front/rear corners, rear center). Add standard laser-guided cruise control. More storage in front seat, esp. something for toll/parking change. Rear climate control would be great. Cooled seats in addition to heated. Ability to watch DVD on navi screen when parked.

my second lexus suv
By m riibner

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car handles well, has enough power, very quiet, many extras that are useful. Reliability and dealer assistance are great. You know when you turn the key it will work the way it is supposed to.

Favorite Features

the size is great, good view from inside, easy to load and unload and much improved stearing radius..Cupholders are out of the way.

Suggested Improvements

heated seats for the rear of the car. A hookup for xm or other satellite radio.