2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews 8

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
I love this vehicle!
By Michelle

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We started out with a 2004 base model RX 330 last year and upgraded this year to a 2005 with AWD, Nav. Sys, DVD player, Mark Levinson stereo, etc... We loved the first one and love this one even more. It handles well, feels safe (IS safe too for that matter), is very comfortable (with a lot of interior space) and has a lot of "bells and whistles" that equal a good value when you compare costs for the same bells and whistles on a BMW or Mercedes! I also LOVE the look of the RX 330 - very sophisticated and sporty. The service from Lexus has been impeccable. I cannot rave enough about this vehicle, and about Lexus in general! I'm a fan for life!

Favorite Features

The navigation system is great - makes me more secure that I'll never get lost in a scary place! Love the automatic headlights and automatic wipers - I don't have to think about anything!

Suggested Improvements

It is a little cumbersome to have to make more steps to turn down the air conditioner on the RX 330 with the navigation system (push climate on the tool bar, then to adjust the fan setting). I would like to see climate controls on the steering wheel.

better than before
By Robert Sofer

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

previously owned an RX 300. this is even better. better handling and comfort. fuel economy is very good for car this size.

Favorite Features

power rear door,memory seat adjustments, and interior design make driving fun and all gauges and controls are easily accessible.storage compartment for rear compartment cover is a big plus.

Not So Happy
By Michael Ranieri

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have the car since August. I have taken it back 3 times for an alignment. It pulls to the left. They have tried to fix it and they now tell me that is how it is. Because of the new tires and new style when you take your hands off the wheel it pulls to the left. I would not buy this model again. Otherwise it has nice options and look great.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By O Comora

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Placement of some dashboard button Needs Improvement. Transmission shifting is hesitant sometimes but overall, it's best vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Comfort of all seats, top quality of all appointments, navigation system and rear view camera. It's amazing how many thoughful details have been put in place on this RX330.

Suggested Improvements

buttons for gas tank opener, mileage, etc are unconveniently placed. Future vehicles could used improved mileage or larger fuel tanks. Transmission shifting is somewhat hesitantl.

Love My Lexus!!!
By mkb

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability, safety, comfort and resale value all played an important part in my decision. The vehicle lives up to its reputation for quality and the 330 design is awesome ...

Favorite Features

Cockpit layout is excellent and very comfortable - great amenities. Love the remote rear hatch; fantastic with kids and work supplies! Visibility is much better than the Acura MDX (side beam blind spots) - more bang for your buck too! Standard rear curtain air bags were a deciding factor as well

Suggested Improvements

n/a

Loving my Lexus
By Donna Reiter

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped on line to get reviews, ratings, pricing and features. I do lots of long distance driving and arrive rested and ready to work. I decided on the Lexus after research in safety features first and then the rest of the features confirmed this was the best choice for my lifestyle. It's a pleasure to drive with good visibility and rides more like a luxury sedan than an SUV. One of my requirements was an SUV on a sedan wheelbase for comfort and handling. I got everything I was looking for and more when I purchased my Lexus.

Favorite Features

safety, comfort, mileage, wheelbase

Suggested Improvements

little better visibility when backing up

RATING OF LEXUS SUV FX 330
By Barb

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Before trying out my Lexus SUV, I tried all makes of SUV vehicles from all auto dealerships, and fell in love with the LEXUS SUV. I had to have it and it is pleasure to drive, quiet to drive, basically "0" road noise, some with the moon roof open, but not bad...steers wonderfully well. The radio sounds like surround sound, I especially like the CD changer...it has every bell and whistle, the only thing, every other person in Texas has one...and it doesn't really seem special with every one having one.

Favorite Features

The look of the LEXUS SUV FS300-330 it is awesome, so sleek, and sporty, while elegant, I have the 14K gold package that makes it a little different, otherwise every other car is a LEXUS SUV

Suggested Improvements

It could have a DVD player, better sound on mine does not. I'm in a TCU parking lot, one of the smaller parking lots and there or 5 of them. The service is great, Lexus salesmen are very polite & treat you like their family. Toyota in FW are the rudest & treat you like an enemy to make up for it.

Lexus RX330
By L. Witherbee

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 7th Lexus fron a GS 300 to 2 LS 400s 3 RX 300s and a GX470. We feel this is one of the best Lexus ever. They have corrected all the negatives we expewrienced in our previous RX 300's. Great car and we'll buy another one.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish. Service is great, but it is seldom ever needed. New tighter turning which is a big improvment. Love the remote opening back hatch door!

Suggested Improvements

Only have 1000+ miles, need to drive it a tad more for any suggestions. Really like this car.

My Lexus
By Betty

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Lexus RX330 is the epitome of luxury and I love driving, riding or just looking at it. It is everything I would want in an automobile except the gas mileage of 19 - 20 miles to the gallon could be higher. I feel safer in this car due to the construction and the way it handles in snow proves the Lexus engineers knew what they were doing. I won't buy another vehicle except a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Comfort, stability, low noise level inside the Lexus, and beauty all make the Lexus RX330 a step ahead of all the other automobiles.

Suggested Improvements

I only get 19 to 20 miles per gallon and at the high price of gasoline, I would like to see this improved. That's the only complaint I have with this wonderful automobile.

Review of LEXUS RX 330
By Roxanne

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third SUV (LEXUS) we have had since 2000. They keep improving each year. Nothing ever goes wrong with these cars although we admit that we do not drive them hard nor do we put a lot of miles on the vehicles. The major factor is that they are very safe vehicles along with all their luxery.

Favorite Features

Ride, looks, colors available, instrument panel.

Suggested Improvements

Don't mess with it; it is OK as is.