Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Great with kids!
By D.R.

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I got it when my baby was a few weeks old and boy does it make things easy. Really great parent car.

I love the navigation and backup camera but the best is the remote control trunk. I am in and out all day with a stroller and it is so easy to just press a button and have the trunk open and shut. Love it!

The arm rest on the driver and passenger is a bit weird but I am used to it now. No major complaints.

Love this car
By Red and jeff

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year now and I love it. It is fun to drive, comfortable and I am 5'8". I love the power hatch dr. That is so handy when pulling up with groceries or whatever. My husband and I love the power memory seats too. Yeah. Only dislike, that Lexus says they are aware of is with the drive. It apparently has a computer memory and memorizes how you drive and adjusts. After about a month or so our car was reving at high speed and seemed like it was stuck in a higher gear for a few before slipping down. They reset it and it is working ok again.

Always impressive
By desmond bell

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable, excellent handling and improved turning ability over prior years models.

Need additional leg room for someone over 6 feet tall

Great SUV
By paul1707

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this weekend. Great SUV! Very pleased with Honda Accords for the last 8 years but wanted to sit up higher but didn't want to bulk or fuel consumption of a full size SUV. Considered the Pilot but was too big for our needs. The RX 330 is has a very comfortable ride and Lexus dealership was excellent. Very happy with the performance so far and the Lexus reputation for excellent products and service. Lexus seems to have achieved a very balanced vehicle with safety features, fuel economy, and practicality

Smooth ride, great sound system, Lexus customer service, abundance of features for the price, 18" wheels

Poor performance
By johntemp

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this brand new and kept it only 7 months. In buying it my wife did not understand her desire for a car that actually went when you pressed the gas. After trying to get constant hesitations programmed out of the controller for our car we gave up and sold this nice but totally poor performance car for a BMW X5 which blows the Lexus away.

Great seats and quite ride

Something is seriously wrong with the ability to get power to the wheels on initial acceleration ... it just has pauses - seems to be poor programming or trying to get the best possible gas mileage. Our 2005 Toyota Avalon does not have this issue so it must be a Lexus issue.