Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Lexus RX 330
By jstone

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had too many repairs. Radiator, crankshaft pulley, noise around the air conditioner line, all had to be repaired. I thought a Lexus would run forever with no problems if properly maintained. Very disappointed in this. Visibility is somewhat limited because of design. Disappointed and thinking about looking for something else. I thought this would be a car to last me 20 years.

Looks.

GPS system way too complicated.

Still not sure
By pam

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 5 mos ago. I am enjoying it however I am concerned that the engine noise is louder than I am used to. I do not like the arm rest. Otherwise the ride is very comfortable. Servicing is more expensive than expected. Paint job dulls quickly. (black) Need to have it detailed and waxed too often. I came from a Cadillac and it had more electronic information capabilities.

Heated seats, seat positions availability, visibility, small body but plenty of room and comfort.

wider armrests, quieter interior riding

Best Car Ever
By Batteryman

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we ever had. You sit up high and get the SUV feel, but still get pretty much the 18/24 mpg advertised. It may be slightly under- powered for some, but that's the price of decent mileage. It has been completely reliable. The controls are ergonomic - placed logically just where they ought to be. One exception: the GPS navigation system is complex and somewhat counter-intuitive. Expect a learning curve of some weeks. The low-profile tires are more expensive than the regular kind, but they look great. I replaced them at Walmart in 2009 with top-quality for about $1,000. Groceries tend to slide in the cargo area - the "cargo net" sold as a $60 option is useless.

Heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, automatic seat/mirror adjustment (I am 6'2", my wife 5'2"), downward-adjusting side mirrors (in reverse), rear camera when backing, smooth, quiet ride.

Simplify GPS navigation system, provide compartmentalized plastic inserts for cargo area to prevent sliding groceries (I made my own).

Great SUV...Very Satisfied
By RXDRIVER0509

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my RX330 about 3 1/2 months ago. Pearl White with Beige leather. Overall I am very satisfied with the RX. I think the exterior is very attractive...clean and not over the top. The interior is also very nice. The leather has held up well. The seats are long haul comfortable. The power tilt steering wheel is a nice touch. The power rear door has also come in very handy. I get a respectable 23 mpg city/28 mpg highway. The transmission is very smooth, but I feel the engine is a little underpowered. Mine has the 18" chrome wheel pkg, which seems to ride well. The dual DVD's are nice, but not something I needed. No issues with anything, and the Lexus dealer has been top notch.

Clean, elegant exterior and interior, power rear door, respectable gas mileage, smooth ride, quiet interior, sliding rear seat, decent standard audio system, don't know why but the roof radio antenna looks neat.

Needs about 30 more hp, at this price point standard heated seats and a rear sonar system would be nice, key with integrated remote feels cheap...one has cracked, and front headrests need to tilt forward more than they do.

Soooo Disappointed!
By ockeetm

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was the wrong choice for me. Driving the RX 330 for approximately two weeks I am so very frustrated. It is so uncomfortable for anyone over 5'5 to drive. I am 5'7, the seat cushions are too short - gives no support under my knees. I have to move my seat back to stretch my legs out to be comfortable and not be on top of the gas pedal the whole time, restraining my foot from laying too heavily on the gas doing so. Then I have to drive with my arms outstretched in an awkward uncomfortable manner because the steering wheel does not telescope out far enough. Told my hubby to hurry and get rid of it. I will opt for an 04 LS 430 instead now and the '10 RX 350 in four years at a used car price.

The intermittent wipers and head lights and its look.

The uncomfortable seating and arm-rest have been addressed in the 2010. Love the 2010 and will get it in a few years as a used vehicle.

• SUV