2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
This is a great SUV
By 84mb on 12/09/04 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after owning and loving my Subaru Legacy for 10 years. I was looking for something with more luxury appointments and better dealer service. The Lexus is a marvel of technology with more toys than anyone could ever hope to use. The navigation system is great. For my personal taste though the cahas more power than it needs and this adversely impacts on the gas mileage which is about 18 on the road. Rear visibility is bad but the large side view mirrors help quite a bit. The high center of gravity makes the car feels tippier than the Subaru but not nearly as bad as an Isuzu Trooper that I used to drive. The quiet and quality of this automobile is outstanding.

Great, tranny leaves much too be desired
By Happy on 12/06/04 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car is wonderful in every aspect, however, we had to trade-in our '04 rx330 b/c of MANY problems. Transmission seems to be the MAIN weakness because of the "un-sure" gear position. The car doesn't seem to know what gear to be in to provide maximum response.

Headlight problem
By lexusowner on 12/06/04 00:33 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car is otherwise excellent with one major problem: because of the brightness of the high intensity headlights, they level off at a low level, and the top half of your field of vision is very dark (otherwise other drivers will feel blinded). Very evident driving in the hills or on a freeway when there is very little traffic. Depending on the steepness of the road, may not see more than 25 feet in front of you. Lexus told me it is a known problem with this model in particular but don't know there's much they can do. I'd be interested in whether others have had this problem or ideas where to research it.

Best of the Best
By Tom on 12/05/04 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Best of the best in mid size SUV's

Waste of Money
By CarProfessional on 11/29/04 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The purchase of this vehicle is now my most costly mistake. Based on the quality of Toyota trucks I have owned, I bought the RX330. The RX's interior is luxurious, and has nice features, but it is the poorest performing vehicle I've ever driven. The transmission can take over one second to shift. Very dangerous when a car is coming toward you. When accelerating on freeway, RX goes through 2 gears to find the right one. Slowest responding transmission on the market I've driven. Also the windshield fogs so severely inside that you have to constantly run the defroster which runs the A/C. Significantly reduces gas milage and visability for yet another major safety issue.

New Lexus
By BabyBlue on 11/28/04 18:38 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

An Excellent car but not without shortcomings. Mileage should be better on the highway. Great ride and comfort. The pillars limit visability so must be extra cautious in reverse. Quiet. Soft (loose) steering but not bad for a car this heavy. Car designed for comfort not performance or economy.

Outstanding Small Touring
By danrhiggins on 11/28/04 09:43 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Intelligence, style, comfort. Makes me want to go on a road trip! Plenty of power. Not as tight or flat in turns as BMX X5 or Acura MDX but more than enough when very good hanlding when driving no more than 20% over the speed limit and for accident avoidance. FAR more comfortable and drivable for long trips, especially when you consider that more than 95% of our driving is straight ahead. Roomy, 4-adjustable steering column and 8-way adjustable driver's seat. Very comfortable rear seat. Sensible instrumentation.

2 time owner
By fashiondiva on 11/27/04 16:17 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Lexus 300 put 100,000 miles on it in 3 years, could have driven many more years I'm sure, But I like to get a new car every 3-4 years. I shopped every car ended up with an RX330 no regrets

my favorite car
By dajetman on 11/27/04 08:36 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

it is the most comfortable car i have ever had. i don't like the darkened rearview mirror that must be manually turned off. I love the navigation systemwhich is basixcally an expensive oy, but it has come in handy. i only have 5000 miles so i don't know about reliability, etc, but it sure is a great car. can't wait for the hybrid to come out.

Great Auto
By Alina81 on 11/17/04 20:55 PM (PST)

happy with my RX