Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

style and performance
By Gerald McNerney

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was interested in a Buick Rendevous when I test drove the RX 330. It was so much better I never hesitated in deciding on this car even though it cost more. Fun to drive, plenty of power, real quiet and decent mileage.

Looks

Some of the features can't be reprogramed by the driver. The manual is poorly indexed.

I love my LEXUS
By Beth

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second lexus and first RX 330 and let me tell you this certainly will NOT be my last. The 2005 edition is quiet, luxurious, contemporary and just so WONDERFUL. My RX delivers me and my family in style and portects us with numerous saftely features that work so well you don't even realize there working, until you see the driver in front of you spin out into a ditch and you pass without a problem. This is definitely the most appealing SUV in its class. Its reliablity is untouchable, its service is platinum and its ablity to retain its value is amazing. Lexus supplies me with a piece of mind and is undoubtably the best brand!

Steering wheel-linked xenon headlights. GPS Navigation system/Color back up camera/BLUETOOTH cell phone. Mark Levinson Sound system. Leather, Wood, brushed aluminum, and chrome accents. Power tilt telescoping Wheel w/tilt away feature. Power Lift Gate. DVD entertainment. Laser Cruise.

Distance to empty gauge back to speedometer area like in my 02 ES. Lumbar for passenger seat. Heated REAR seats.

Great!
By c

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am a Mercedes person so I did not know what to expect when I got my RX. I will never go back to Mercedes now. This car is incredible. It is fun to drive and I do not even feel like I am in a SUV. I can't wait to get the hybrid.

Silent drive, great sound system, comfortable seats, and reliable Lexus service.

None.

Great car, but .......
By mahesse

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car, but underpowered. And don't buy it if you care about gas mileage. My biggest complaint however is with the navigation system. It does a poor job of routing often recommending roads that don't exist. Finding destinations is inconvenient. Not being able to operate it while moving makes it almost useless in many circumstances, when there is more than just one person in the car. Our other car has a Garmin that plugs into the lighter, and while not as pretty it is MUCH, MUCH better. I can look for restaurants or gas stations while driving, and we don't have to pull over. BTW, the Bluetooth doesn't always work either.

The basic car is great. Well designed, comfortable, and easy to drive. The power back door is very nice.

More power, fix the Navigation system and more reliable Bluetooth.

Nice, But Not Great.Quality Has Declined
By Blair

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Although the RX330 has some improvements, there have been some steps backwards in my opinion. The car is much noisier than the RX300, particularly noticeable at speeds over 50. Highway noise is NOT muted as in other Lexus models, wind noise is a constant. Transmission shifting from a start is laborious and loud. The Mark Lev radio is nothing special and its volume controls are make it hard to find a volume that you can keep it on. The radio lite is too bright. The back-up camera is weak: at night the screen "whites out",and there is no useful depth perception. The adaptive headlights gyrate and flit around constantly as you go up and down hills and are of dubious benefit and value.

Very comfortable seats. Elegant interior. Reputation for reliability and low cost ownership. Handles adroitly for an SUV, and better than many cars. Easy to drive. Excellent brakes. Good, yet complex navigation system. Very useful floor console w/good cupholders and cubby storage.

Cabin must be quieter; wind & road noise is excessive. Back-up camera needs distance marking indicators, better quality camera for night use. More intuitive,navigation system. Better ext.colors with lighter int.color choices. Need bigger rear window that opens. Redesign the tail lites! Gas mileage!