Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Lexus is the best Automobile on the Road
By Marvin L

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A Lexus is designed to run, all the time, no fuss. Plus you get technology, comfort, and A+++ Dealer service. I like my vehicles detailed and perfect. I hate when things don't work. Go Lexus.

I love the quietness and the solidity of the RX. The RX 330’s backup Camera is awesome, especially with kids and their toys lying around. Gas mileage is better than my Mitsubishi Montero. It’s comfortable for me at 6’2”. Nice leather and natural wood. Luxury. The Navigation sys is great.

A little more cargo room, but not to interfere with the great rear leg room. Wider tires and cheaper optional chrome Lexus grill.

Few missing things
By Bob Tyler

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First, this is a really nice car which makes any omissions really stand out. For one: dual acting sun visors (actually two per side-one for the front & side window and an extra one for the front) For eleven years I've had them on my American cars. Second one: mud flaps. Oh, they are available for $160+ installation. Without them the car tends to get splattered easily. Third: complexity of controls.Yes, they do allow flexibility and optional ways to operate but a 600+ page instruction book! Too much! Now, I've got to repeat what a wonderfully satisfying vehicle this is. No buyers remorse on this one!

Rear view camera, parking is sooo easy! Memory seats, for ease of entry, good standard audio system, auto rear hatch & one touch windows, great headlights, nav system is tricky but really accurate

Floor mats are hard to keep clean and right front passenger mat needs to be anchored. See how small the complaints are?

Better than my 99 rx300
By harvey brown

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive. Very comfortable and has a very heavy comfortable drive. Great on long trips. Easy to manuver. Love it.

Stereo is great sounding and easy to load. Last one had to go into the glove compartment to load. All is great.

Better visibility--too many blind spots. My 00 RX 300 had better vision out the back and side windows

Fabulous
By marlog1

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride. Highy recommend it. Gas mileage is better than I expected. Very comfortable.

Adjustable seats and steering wheel make for a custom feeling ride.

No ashtray. Does Lexus/Toyota want to turn us into a bunch of litter bugs?

I love this vehicle!
By Michelle

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We started out with a 2004 base model RX 330 last year and upgraded this year to a 2005 with AWD, Nav. Sys, DVD player, Mark Levinson stereo, etc... We loved the first one and love this one even more. It handles well, feels safe (IS safe too for that matter), is very comfortable (with a lot of interior space) and has a lot of "bells and whistles" that equal a good value when you compare costs for the same bells and whistles on a BMW or Mercedes! I also LOVE the look of the RX 330 - very sophisticated and sporty. The service from Lexus has been impeccable. I cannot rave enough about this vehicle, and about Lexus in general! I'm a fan for life!

The navigation system is great - makes me more secure that I'll never get lost in a scary place! Love the automatic headlights and automatic wipers - I don't have to think about anything!

It is a little cumbersome to have to make more steps to turn down the air conditioner on the RX 330 with the navigation system (push climate on the tool bar, then to adjust the fan setting). I would like to see climate controls on the steering wheel.