2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van on 04/17/14 19:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

Happy Ride
By middle income on 07/20/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good handling and stopping. Enough guts to get out of the way. Not a sports car, but that isn't the intent.

Couldn't Be Happier
By GC in Memphis on 03/10/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 2005 RX330 and am so glad I did. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted anything other than a full- blown SUV, but this baby has all the interior room I need and more bells and whistles than I know what to do with. Aside from the smooth ride, great handling and spectacular amenities, there is a certain confidence and attitude that come with owning a Lexus. It is wonderful, yet hard to describe. I have received so many compliments. I have only owned it for a week, but, so far it has been excellent. I keep finding new features that blow my mind, seeing as it was so affordable.

Still not sure
By pam on 12/14/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 5 mos ago. I am enjoying it however I am concerned that the engine noise is louder than I am used to. I do not like the arm rest. Otherwise the ride is very comfortable. Servicing is more expensive than expected. Paint job dulls quickly. (black) Need to have it detailed and waxed too often. I came from a Cadillac and it had more electronic information capabilities.

Great SUV...Very Satisfied
By RXDRIVER0509 on 09/19/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my RX330 about 3 1/2 months ago. Pearl White with Beige leather. Overall I am very satisfied with the RX. I think the exterior is very attractive...clean and not over the top. The interior is also very nice. The leather has held up well. The seats are long haul comfortable. The power tilt steering wheel is a nice touch. The power rear door has also come in very handy. I get a respectable 23 mpg city/28 mpg highway. The transmission is very smooth, but I feel the engine is a little underpowered. Mine has the 18" chrome wheel pkg, which seems to ride well. The dual DVD's are nice, but not something I needed. No issues with anything, and the Lexus dealer has been top notch.

10 All Around
By jtphilips on 02/26/09 12:15 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic automobile. Looks great and drives great! Is there any other reason to buy a car? They all get you from point A to point B, but some do it in style! With a Toyota engine under the hood, reliability is surely there as well.

RX 330
By Kirk on 01/23/08 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Steering is what I would say is over responsive and can cause a swaying sensation when traveling on a straight road. I don't like the response of its acceleration at times. I notice this most when I am traveling at approximately 40 mph and I want to speed up fast, I feel a noticable loss of power, before acceleration begins.

3 years experience - disappointing
By kc on 06/18/07 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ladies' SUV; my wife was attracted to it by appearance; acceleration OK but tires (all 4 of them) wore out sooner than you'd expect. Trims fell off even though parked in garage most of the time. Transmission jerks even when air conditioner is off. Dealer couldn't do anything and explained as normal - give me a break. Several recalls already.

I love my Thundercloud
By Stewie on 02/19/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud. It is fun to drive and it is, in my opinion, the most affordable Lexus you can buy. You get the most interior room for your money.

My Wife's Super 330, her 2nd Lexus
By 4 Dr STD SUV on 10/07/06 19:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It came with Goodyear tires. This is my wife's second Lexus (first was a 92 SC 300) arriving with Goodyears and problems too. We still have Goodyears on this 330X. She still is very very high on her 2005 330X though.