Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Base SUV Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Best buy ever
By Brenda Clay

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The dash board is all cracked up besides that it's very good

Great Road Cruiser
By m murphy

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for road trips. One major unresolved issue: advised two years ago of a recall for dashboard cracks. Have received mail notices of the recall. Countless calls to dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay) to get the new dash installed have gone nowhere. The story is they are waiting for supply from the manufacturer, give us a new date every time we call for availability of new dash. Now they don't return calls when we leave messages with the service department.
We would consider buying a newer version of this car but the service issue is leaving a bad taste.

Long Trip Comfort
By Thomas

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Headlights tend to leak, condensation. Very expensive to replace. After a class action lawsuit, Lexus agreed to replace the headlights free, for a period of 5 years. The dashboards of this model of RX, tends to crack. Lexus has agreed to replace the dashboard free of charge. The last car I owned with a cracked dashboard was a 23 years old Ford, not bad. The last car I owned with leaking headlights was a 1965 VW beetle. My cars are garaged and are used very little. My thinking was the Lexus RX should last at least as long as the Ford. Sad to say, I am currently negotiating for a good price on a new Ford or a Mazda. It appears that Lexus will be pursing perfection for a very long time.

Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

auto windows, sunroof, classy/sporty look, handles great.

The rear power door should be made more simple

It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

not sure maybe looks good but doesn't run good.

Lexus is no better than any other auto maker.