Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

auto windows, sunroof, classy/sporty look, handles great.

The rear power door should be made more simple

It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

not sure maybe looks good but doesn't run good.

Lexus is no better than any other auto maker.

Happy Ride
By middle income

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good handling and stopping. Enough guts to get out of the way. Not a sports car, but that isn't the intent.

Radio control on steering wheel. Automatic climate control. Automatic rear high beam mirrors.

Couldn't Be Happier
By GC in Memphis

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 2005 RX330 and am so glad I did. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted anything other than a full- blown SUV, but this baby has all the interior room I need and more bells and whistles than I know what to do with. Aside from the smooth ride, great handling and spectacular amenities, there is a certain confidence and attitude that come with owning a Lexus. It is wonderful, yet hard to describe. I have received so many compliments. I have only owned it for a week, but, so far it has been excellent. I keep finding new features that blow my mind, seeing as it was so affordable.

Heated seats, power rear door, headlights automatically turn in the direction your vehicle is headed, power/memory seats, console storage, cup holders-a-plenty, pop-up cargo storage in the rear, powerful heat/ac, beautiful interior wood trim, headlight sprayers!

Could have a little quicker acceleration and wish it didn't require premium gas.

Still not sure
By pam

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 5 mos ago. I am enjoying it however I am concerned that the engine noise is louder than I am used to. I do not like the arm rest. Otherwise the ride is very comfortable. Servicing is more expensive than expected. Paint job dulls quickly. (black) Need to have it detailed and waxed too often. I came from a Cadillac and it had more electronic information capabilities.

Heated seats, seat positions availability, visibility, small body but plenty of room and comfort.

wider armrests, quieter interior riding