Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Base Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Great Road Cruiser
By m murphy

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for road trips. One major unresolved issue: advised two years ago of a recall for dashboard cracks. Have received mail notices of the recall. Countless calls to dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay) to get the new dash installed have gone nowhere. The story is they are waiting for supply from the manufacturer, give us a new date every time we call for availability of new dash. Now they don't return calls when we leave messages with the service department.
We would consider buying a newer version of this car but the service issue is leaving a bad taste.

Long Trip Comforte
By Thomas

Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

auto windows, sunroof, classy/sporty look, handles great.

The rear power door should be made more simple

It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

not sure maybe looks good but doesn't run good.

Lexus is no better than any other auto maker.

Happy Ride
By middle income

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good handling and stopping. Enough guts to get out of the way. Not a sports car, but that isn't the intent.

Radio control on steering wheel. Automatic climate control. Automatic rear high beam mirrors.