Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Best buy ever
By Brenda Clay

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The dash board is all cracked up besides that it's very good

Great Road Cruiser
By m murphy

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for road trips. One major unresolved issue: advised two years ago of a recall for dashboard cracks. Have received mail notices of the recall. Countless calls to dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay) to get the new dash installed have gone nowhere. The story is they are waiting for supply from the manufacturer, give us a new date every time we call for availability of new dash. Now they don't return calls when we leave messages with the service department.
We would consider buying a newer version of this car but the service issue is leaving a bad taste.

Long Trip Comfort
By Thomas

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Headlights tend to leak, condensation. Very expensive to replace. After a class action lawsuit, Lexus agreed to replace the headlights free, for a period of 5 years. The dashboards of this model of RX, tends to crack. Lexus has agreed to replace the dashboard free of charge. The last car I owned with a cracked dashboard was a 23 years old Ford, not bad. The last car I owned with leaking headlights was a 1965 VW beetle. My cars are garaged and are used very little. My thinking was the Lexus RX should last at least as long as the Ford. Sad to say, I am currently negotiating for a good price on a new Ford or a Mazda. It appears that Lexus will be pursing perfection for a very long time.

Ten Years and 110k miles later
By B Thwaite

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, the bad -- navigation system doesn't work properly and Lexus charges too much money to update. Why bother when I can use my phone?

Brakes have to be redone more frequently now.

DVD player fell onto my head one day, but my 83 year old mother had driven the car preciously and there was ALWAYS a problem after she'd been in it. She probably thought it was a storage compartment and tried to open it. What the heck, my son is 17 now and has his own car, so we never use the DVD. It was always kind of a waste of money.

Overall though, I have to say this car is still going strong. Still has a comfortable ride, the backup camera works fine. I paid cash, and I've gotten my money's worth out of this car. I looked at the RX 350 when a friend bought one and I liked my 330 better, so I never "upgraded." I've been in a few rental cars while on vacation and brand new cars aren't as nice as my 10 year old RX 330. I'll probably keep it til it croaks.

Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

auto windows, sunroof, classy/sporty look, handles great.

The rear power door should be made more simple