2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831 on 01/13/15 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van on 04/17/14 19:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

Total dog
By goldie20 on 11/02/13 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been a dog since the day I got it 8 years ago. From the beginning, the car refused to accelerate. "Give it time to learn your driving habits," the dealership told me. Right. It has made an awful, grating, metallic noise every 10 starts or so right from the beginning. Dealership has been unable to diagnose why. Finally, a brake sensor has broken 3 times at a cost to replace of $300 each time. This on a car with 40K miles. I make it my mission to make sure no one I know ever buys a Lexus. What a disgrace.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my RX330
By 1summerred on 10/24/13 06:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really do love this vehicle. I wasn't even in the market for a Lexus. I have owned 3 Toyota 4-Runners in the past and was looking for another 4-Runner when I found my Lexus gem. I was looking in the $15K price range and wanted leather interior and 4 wheel drive. I was not able to find a 4-Runner that met these needs in my price range. I haphazardly saw the Lexus RX330 at a dealer lot, test drove it and fell in love. It didn't hurt that it only had 65k miles and was $15K with more bells and whistles than what I was originally looking for. I wont buy anything else. I also had a great dealership to work with which helped immensely.

Awesome and reliable
By llrinco on 03/28/13 18:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this SUV for 5 years and no real problems. It has over 110,000 miles but keeps running.

Happy Ride
By middle income on 07/20/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good handling and stopping. Enough guts to get out of the way. Not a sports car, but that isn't the intent.

Always lexus suv
By sunny on 04/11/10 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Last 10 years driving lexus, never a complaint, my first es-300 than rx300 now rx 330. If lexus would make a 6 seater it would be the best, i always loved that car.

Couldn't Be Happier
By GC in Memphis on 03/10/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 2005 RX330 and am so glad I did. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted anything other than a full- blown SUV, but this baby has all the interior room I need and more bells and whistles than I know what to do with. Aside from the smooth ride, great handling and spectacular amenities, there is a certain confidence and attitude that come with owning a Lexus. It is wonderful, yet hard to describe. I have received so many compliments. I have only owned it for a week, but, so far it has been excellent. I keep finding new features that blow my mind, seeing as it was so affordable.

Lexus RX 330
By jstone on 12/26/09 10:03 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had too many repairs. Radiator, crankshaft pulley, noise around the air conditioner line, all had to be repaired. I thought a Lexus would run forever with no problems if properly maintained. Very disappointed in this. Visibility is somewhat limited because of design. Disappointed and thinking about looking for something else. I thought this would be a car to last me 20 years.

Still not sure
By pam on 12/14/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 5 mos ago. I am enjoying it however I am concerned that the engine noise is louder than I am used to. I do not like the arm rest. Otherwise the ride is very comfortable. Servicing is more expensive than expected. Paint job dulls quickly. (black) Need to have it detailed and waxed too often. I came from a Cadillac and it had more electronic information capabilities.