Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Long Trip Comforte
By Thomas

Ten Years and 110k miles later
By B Thwaite

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, the bad -- navigation system doesn't work properly and Lexus charges too much money to update. Why bother when I can use my phone? Brakes have to be redone more frequently now. DVD player fell onto my head one day, but my 83 year old mother had driven the car preciously and there was ALWAYS a problem after she'd been in it. She probably thought it was a storage compartment and tried to open it. What the heck, my son is 17 now and has his own car, so we never use the DVD. It was always kind of a waste of money. Overall though, I have to say this car is still going strong. Still has a comfortable ride, the backup camera works fine. I paid cash, and I've gotten my money's worth out of this car. I looked at the RX 350 when a friend bought one and I liked my 330 better, so I never "upgraded." I've been in a few rental cars while on vacation and brand new cars aren't as nice as my 10 year old RX 330. I'll probably keep it til it croaks.

Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

auto windows, sunroof, classy/sporty look, handles great.

The rear power door should be made more simple

It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

not sure maybe looks good but doesn't run good.

Lexus is no better than any other auto maker.

Total dog
By goldie20

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been a dog since the day I got it 8 years ago. From the beginning, the car refused to accelerate. "Give it time to learn your driving habits," the dealership told me. Right. It has made an awful, grating, metallic noise every 10 starts or so right from the beginning. Dealership has been unable to diagnose why. Finally, a brake sensor has broken 3 times at a cost to replace of $300 each time. This on a car with 40K miles. I make it my mission to make sure no one I know ever buys a Lexus. What a disgrace.

• SUV