Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Love my rx330!
By kcarroll831

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 17 and just bought my second car, and I love it. The only complaint is the power rear door.. Maybe I just don't understand it but the key fob button and the button the dash only work sometimes. Other times It'll try to open then just close. It's fun to drive, has some get up and go when you want it. Gas mileage is great, I average 23-24 in the city, 22 maybe in heavy stop and go. I hate when something raddles or shakes and this car is very solid. Even with the bass up and windows down no annoying noises! Very clean, classy, but fun car. Also I haven't driven many cars but the few I have drove awful in the rain. This Lexus takes puddles better than my truck on 35's...

auto windows, sunroof, classy/sporty look, handles great.

The rear power door should be made more simple

It's a Lexus LEMON
By dan4van

2005 Lexus RX 330 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but issues with the Transmission slip,jerks,jumps. My biggest complaint is that my Lexus RX 330 doesn't no what gear to use. Now it started to make that whinning noise. My lexus only has 74000 miles and it's done. I am more that unhappy with Lexus so much money for a LEMON. Yes it's been pampered all of its life and still give me problems. LEXUS NEVER AGAIN.

not sure maybe looks good but doesn't run good.

Lexus is no better than any other auto maker.

Total dog
By goldie20

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been a dog since the day I got it 8 years ago. From the beginning, the car refused to accelerate. "Give it time to learn your driving habits," the dealership told me. Right. It has made an awful, grating, metallic noise every 10 starts or so right from the beginning. Dealership has been unable to diagnose why. Finally, a brake sensor has broken 3 times at a cost to replace of $300 each time. This on a car with 40K miles. I make it my mission to make sure no one I know ever buys a Lexus. What a disgrace.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my RX330
By 1summerred

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really do love this vehicle. I wasn't even in the market for a Lexus. I have owned 3 Toyota 4-Runners in the past and was looking for another 4-Runner when I found my Lexus gem. I was looking in the $15K price range and wanted leather interior and 4 wheel drive. I was not able to find a 4-Runner that met these needs in my price range. I haphazardly saw the Lexus RX330 at a dealer lot, test drove it and fell in love. It didn't hurt that it only had 65k miles and was $15K with more bells and whistles than what I was originally looking for. I wont buy anything else. I also had a great dealership to work with which helped immensely.

The comfort and smooth drive. The height of the vehicle. I like sitting higher and the seats allow you to adjust where you want to sit in height. The quality of the leather interior, the look of the exterior, esp the back tail lights. The quality of the exterior paint, the turning radius. I love everything about it!

The front headlights are a problem but I knew this going into the buy. The seals leak and let fluid get into the headlights. Apparently I found out that there was a class action lawsuit against Lexus for this. I believe the 2004, 2005 and 2006 RX models had this problem. It is a pricey fix too. Around $1700 per headlight to replace. I'm lucky to have a "McGyver" boyfriend that has found a way to dry them out and seal them properly without having to take it in.

Awesome and reliable
By llrinco

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this SUV for 5 years and no real problems. It has over 110,000 miles but keeps running.

Hidden compartment in the back, all wheel drive, stereo, the professional Lexus dealership and courtesy car.

The armrest on the driver's door has ripped - should be reinforced? Better gas mileage.