2004 Lexus RX 330 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Unbelievable Lemon Lexus

2004 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Unbelievable Lemon Lexus
By No to Lexus on

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Lexus for mechanical reliability; unfortunately in the first week the gas tank had to be reattached because it was not bolted properly. Shortly after that the power steering pump had to be replaced; the radio stopped playing, the amplifier had to be replaced; the ignition system chimed after I removed the key, had to be replaced; then the radiator was recalled and had to be replaced. The transmission seemed confused at times when accelerating.I asked for a replacement car after the first incident in the first week;Lexus customer service said it was all covered under warranty and offered an extended warranty 6 mo later. I would not pay the extra money for a Lexus again.

Favorite Features

The interior of the car is pure luxury and the exterior design is sharp.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission needs improvement. Also, better quality control. Also, a better answer to customers with problem cars other than, "that's why you have a warranty" and more willingness to work toward customer satisfaction.