Used 2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Improved over RX 300 (mostly!)
By JG

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The styling, interior, and luxury features are all substantially improved over RX300. Handling, turning/parking, cornering, overall power better too. Cruises at 80+ wonderfully. BUT, annoying manifold buzz (even after recall); brake rotors needed turning at 12K and 25K miles; transmission downshift lags badly at low speeds (i.e. accelerating suddenly from 15-20 MPH). Almost all units have 18" wheels with very expensive, short-lasting tires (mine are gone at 31K, $800+ to replace). I believe that quiet ride is sacrificed with the larger wheels and lower-profile tires. Lexus still can't get auto-climate control right - my 10- yr-old S500's is truly "set and forget".

In-dash CD changer, telescoping steering column w/memory, auto-dimming mirrors, damped open/close for all interior compartments, wood/metal trim, illuminated gauges (change intensity according to ambient light), audio on steering wheel, rear legroom, NO ASHTRAY!

Tighten up transmission, stronger brakes, take 18" wheels out of all packages, make tilting RV mirrors easier to override, make tow-hitch standard

Hard to beat
By lou

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is probably the best I have ever owned and I'm 80 yrs old and over this many years I've owned a few! It's been a while since I've liked a car well enough to just sit in it in my garage! Buy it you'll love it !!!

Actually I like everything about it and it exceeds my every need and expectation!!

Increase the price enough to make the nav system standard.

This thing rocks!
By ken

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This thing is awesome! I've been driving it for just over a month and the handling and empowering feel you get driving this thing is second to none!I Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a fantastic driving experience!

Everything! whats not to like!?

None at all!

Unpredictable Lexus
By SUDDENLEXUS

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Lexus RX 300. I upgraded from a Honda Prelude. It has a lot of features to keep me interested. It is fun to drive and my daughter is having fun throwing everything on the floor.

Although it is an SUV, it rides like a car. Very comfortable and quiet. It is a very attractive looking vehicle.

Flickering dashboard. It will dim and then go bright again. Can't really track when it occurs the most. I took it to the dealer and they advised that it was a characteristic of the car. I am not sure I can accept that reason.

A 40K+ Car Shouldn't Rattle
By Stan

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I started out loving this car. Excellent highway passing capability, spectacular emergency handling (saved my life on one occasion) and superior comfort. BUT little things mean a lot. After about 8000 miles a rattle developed under the dash. Soon it sounded as if the entire dash was shifting after a moderate bump. Still not resolved to my satisfaction. I've since learned that this is a problem endemic to early production units. Lexus should do better.

Power and handling - not a sports car but great for a luxury ride. I love the auto tailgate. leather seats are sinfully comfortable.

Body integrity needs serious attention. The sliding center console could be better designed for useability. The manual is confusing - especially about the radio.