2004 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
Bad Model
By megan on 04/16/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2004 Lexus because I drove the RX 300 and loved it. Yet this car has disappointed. The transmission lags horribly! Going from a stop, you press on the gas with no response and then a huge lurch forward. We took it into the dealer and explained the problem and they insisted nothing was wrong and it was "how they all run". Only to talk to them 4 years later and they admit that this car was underpowered. However, the styling, space, and comfort was exceptional.

Could be Better
By Dan from NY on 01/13/08 05:24 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a reliable, quiet vehicle that get fairly good mpg for an suv, but it is not a driver's car. Driver ergonomics and handling characteristics are disappointing. The driver's seat is not deep enough and does not have good thigh support; the pedals could be more vertical - I get tired after extended driving. The steering is too light and is easily influenced by every undulation on the road. The transmission refuses to downshift, especially when you're at 2200-2400 rpm and need to pass or merge. The engine revs up, but the tranny refuses to kick in - I've had to manually downshift to 3rd gear many times - wost tranny I've had. The verdict: I think Lexus designed this for my wife.

Great Ride!!
By jeremypool on 01/11/08 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years with no problems! The rear camera works great and the ride is very nice. My only complaint would be its slight stall when accelerating other then that the best car I have ever owned.

Some major problems
By Karen on 07/09/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

While I love driving my Lexus, I have had some major concerns with design problems and one significant safety issue with my rotors. Twice it was necessary to machine my rotors because of warpage from overheating and which caused significant and uncontrollable shaking of my steering wheel. Also, if only a rear window or sunroof window is opened, an intense vacuum is created in the interior which hurts my ears. I must open my driver's window to eliminate this vacuum -- very poor design! I have also had problems with my rear window spoiler weatherstripping, several scratches on the exterior finish, intermittent unworkable power rear door, and transmission surges and jerks from shifting.

Great Car
By F. Nobbee on 04/24/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle, but my kids hate it, they don't have the space like they had in the LR3, but we don't use this as our family vehicle. It is a lot better on gas and I got this as a steal so it was hard to pass up especially with the unpredictable gas prices. Sporty look is great, a features are fine. I haven't taken it on a road trip yet but probably won't (I'll use the minivan). This car handles great and has a lot of features that are not standard in other vehicles. I bought this one used so let see how it stands up to the Lexus reputation of quality and endurance.

Lexus RX is still the best forever
By suryanto santoso on 12/09/06 16:49 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my new Lexus RX since 2004 and feel very comfortable. A lovely car to drive, backup by reputable brand and have very good resale value. This luxury SUV is very appropriate for a long trip. Altough the fuel consumption a bit greedy, yet it can be compensated with its performance.

Good got Great
By Tom Monaghan on 10/07/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 RX 300 and thought that it was a great car. The only complaint was the poor turning radius. The RX 330 took care of that. The RX 330 is perfect for someone that likes to sit up a bit higher than in a sedan but does not want to sacrafice the ride. The sound system is as good as anyone short of an audiophile would ever want. The passangers in the back seat will find ample leg room and appreciate the ability to slightly recline the seats, especially on long trips. The Nav system is easy to use and very addicting. Only issue is limited view out of the rear window. I've been a fan/customer of Toyota and Lexus for many years. Never dissapointed with the quality of the car or service

RX 330
By Chito Jacinto on 10/07/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Exellent suv, ride like a luxury car, very quiet ride can't hear any wind draft even at high speed. Has an easy handling,responsive to turns.

Love this SUV
By george on 10/07/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not the quietest or most powerful vehicle I have owned, but the overall package is great.

Love-Hate Relationship with my RX 330
By T N Tracy on 08/25/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

On the highway, the RX 330 drives like a dream, but in-town driving is a different story. The transmission is terrible when shifting from first to second gear; too much hesitation. The headlights have a blind spot in curves. I expected more at this price point.