Used 2004 Lexus RX 330 Base SUV Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

RX is a Reliable and Attractive SUV
By E Gill

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 2004 RX 330 has been a great car. I love the body style which continues to be attractive despite changes in the body style of newer models. It has been very reliable. The car now has 178000 miles and with routine maintenance I expect it to last another 100,000 miles!

My son did me a favor!
By L.Sarachild

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My son gave me this car when my 14 year old BMW convertible finally gave up the ghost. I am sooooo happy and soooo sold on the Lexus. Would only get a newer Lexus (but this one only has 93k mi & absolutely nothing wrong with anything. People can't believe it's a 2004 it looks so new); especially with all the new safety & tech features which have evolved.

4 Months and It's Gone
By volvo4life2

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my GMC Yukon for my RX330 to be very disappointed. I was very excited to hop on the "Lexus Reliability" boat and got a 2004 with only 60k miles on it. Within the first week of owning it the check engine light came on, shortly followed by the passenger air bag going out, needing all new power steering fluid (which had to go back to the dealer twice to actually get done correctly) and my transmission fluid was a mess. All of that I could forgive, its a used car, things happen. But the thing that I couldn't forgive... There was a hole in the frame of the car somewhere that leaked when it rained. It filled the floorboards up with water and soaked through the foam, and the carpets.

Interior design, visibility, safety.

The leak would have cost 2k to fix, first to find it then to take apart the entire interior and dry it out. It didn't make sense to dump 2k in a car like that. I'm really disappointed in Lexus. A hole in the frame is an issue even a Geo Metro doesn't have.

phsyco transmission
By daisycher

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the weirdest transmission I've ever encountered..it jerks and or jumps when shifting into second gear..upshift. when coming down steep hills..very unpredictable...but I love everything else about the car...worried about trans..

A Great SUV
By gatorone

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this one since new. With 70,000 miles reliability has been excellent. We keep the car away from the dealers to insure only the maintenance requirements specified in the owners manual are performed. After the initial two free services by the Lexus dealer, the car has never needed to go back. I would say the interior quality of the prior Lexus RX300 is a little better. Performance is best using premium fuel with little to no acceleration hesitation as you get with regular fuel. The original stock tires (Goodyear) were poor for this level of car. Ride and driving are fine. Pressure gradiant when one window open that you feel with the ears. We managed 28 mpg on highway.

Exterior style, reliability, comfort in driving, fuel economy.

Center consol design needs improvement. Electric seats move to slow.