Used 2004 Lexus RX 330 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

phsyco transmission
By daisycher

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the weirdest transmission I've ever encountered..it jerks and or jumps when shifting into second gear..upshift. when coming down steep hills..very unpredictable...but I love everything else about the car...worried about trans..

A Great SUV
By gatorone

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this one since new. With 70,000 miles reliability has been excellent. We keep the car away from the dealers to insure only the maintenance requirements specified in the owners manual are performed. After the initial two free services by the Lexus dealer, the car has never needed to go back. I would say the interior quality of the prior Lexus RX300 is a little better. Performance is best using premium fuel with little to no acceleration hesitation as you get with regular fuel. The original stock tires (Goodyear) were poor for this level of car. Ride and driving are fine. Pressure gradiant when one window open that you feel with the ears. We managed 28 mpg on highway.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, reliability, comfort in driving, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Center consol design needs improvement. Electric seats move to slow.

Excellent!!
By Happy Camper

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable! Get 17-19 in town. 27-28 on highway. AMAZING marriage of mileage, performance, comfort, luxury, reliability, and ergonomics. All considered, very well worth the extra dollar or two, but don't confuse cost and value. This is an excellent, efficient, versatile, ultra-reliable vehicle!

My Lexus
By Timothy

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle for her, and since I must drive it periodically I feel free to comment on it. I am somewhat disappointed with the performance and handling aspects of this vehicle, it handles almost as badly as my Isuzu and no where near as well as my Benz. The transmission and the parts cost are my single major complaints, as well as the service intervals, which for a vehicle of this so called caliber should be less frequent. The transmission really feels like an old Yugo with a stick, too much jerky and choppy. I would not purchase another Lexus until they could assure me that this and the maintenance intervals are more rational.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, maintenance intervals

Great Ride!!
By jeremypool

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years with no problems! The rear camera works great and the ride is very nice. My only complaint would be its slight stall when accelerating other then that the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Comfort and height.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration.