Used 2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

2004 Lexus RX300
By chitownlexus

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am the original owner of my 2004 Lexus 330RX. The only major repair I had to do in 11 years of ownership was a new radiator 3 years ago. Otherwise, the car looks/runs like almost new. Both heated seats still work great (although the control knob of one just fell off). The soft leather on the seats has not cracked and only shows a few creases. In fact, every aspect of this vehicle has functioned properly as designed. I plan to continue buying Lexus SUVs because function & reliability are my top 2 most important aspects of car ownership and this Lexus has exceeded my expectations.

Favorite Features

heated seats great handling in snow outside noise? just roll up the window remote trunk opening smooth drive

Suggested Improvements

over-the-shoulder visibility

Just bought 1 yesterday
By metalbandit

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought the Lexus RX330 2004 yesterday, so far no complaints. Whom ever was the previous owner took immense care to keep it nice. The whole vehicle still looks & runs like new. It being a 2004 it only has 89k + miles on it, and it's just been very nice. Now with that in mind of course, I have read reviews, and such people saying that when it gets around the 90k mark things start going wrong with it, so I have a full 2 year coverage for just about anything that goes wrong with it. But for right now it's been a great 2 days so far. I'm on the hunt now to see about getting the onboard GPS updated on it, we'll see what happens.

Favorite Features

Fav features? Hmm, well I'd say at the top, just that it's one of the top of the line cars in the same class as a Caddy. But I think at the moment I'd just say the comfort of the seats themselves.

Suggested Improvements

1)Put side mirror remotes on door handle 2) )Input ports for i products, & mp3/4's 3) Door frames just a tad higher in total length, not from ground but from top of frame to bottom of frame. 4) Seats could stand to be designed so they can go really low to floor for more head room 5) Needs better reverse lighting can't see anything after dark. 6) Don't have word panic written the fob button that locks the doors, makes it confusing 7) Cup holder shouldn't have a cover over it, and it needs some redesigning too cause you can't fit 2 cups in there if either one has a handle

phsyco transmission
By daisycher

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the weirdest transmission I've ever encountered..it jerks and or jumps when shifting into second gear..upshift. when coming down steep hills..very unpredictable...but I love everything else about the car...worried about trans..

Dont buy lexus
By 777

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned 2004 rx330 for 2 years now pies of crap! I had a BMW that I trade for Lexus and that was the biggest mistake in my life transmission is crap! Stereo system broke doesn't read cd's getting error 3 and 4 when then something is knocking inside the dashboard pretty loud, behind the stereo you take your Lexus to the dealer services and tell them what's wrong they don't want to do anything just tells you that thats the way its should be but it's really not! Never get Lexus again

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

just read what people writing about lexus and make your own design, that's what i should do before i bought mine

One of the best cars i've ever owned.
By Len

2004 Lexus RX 330 SUV 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV it has well thought out features, quiet, great powertrain and roomy inside. I wish it had XM or Sirius radio but i have to live with AM? FM CD.

Favorite Features

Power trunk lid and power tilt wheel