2004 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
phsyco transmission
By daisycher on 01/22/13 20:01 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the weirdest transmission I've ever encountered..it jerks and or jumps when shifting into second gear..upshift. when coming down steep hills..very unpredictable...but I love everything else about the car...worried about trans..

A Great SUV
By gatorone on 05/08/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this one since new. With 70,000 miles reliability has been excellent. We keep the car away from the dealers to insure only the maintenance requirements specified in the owners manual are performed. After the initial two free services by the Lexus dealer, the car has never needed to go back. I would say the interior quality of the prior Lexus RX300 is a little better. Performance is best using premium fuel with little to no acceleration hesitation as you get with regular fuel. The original stock tires (Goodyear) were poor for this level of car. Ride and driving are fine. Pressure gradiant when one window open that you feel with the ears. We managed 28 mpg on highway.

Excellent!!
By Happy Camper on 07/25/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable! Get 17-19 in town. 27-28 on highway. AMAZING marriage of mileage, performance, comfort, luxury, reliability, and ergonomics. All considered, very well worth the extra dollar or two, but don't confuse cost and value. This is an excellent, efficient, versatile, ultra-reliable vehicle!

My Lexus
By Timothy on 06/27/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle for her, and since I must drive it periodically I feel free to comment on it. I am somewhat disappointed with the performance and handling aspects of this vehicle, it handles almost as badly as my Isuzu and no where near as well as my Benz. The transmission and the parts cost are my single major complaints, as well as the service intervals, which for a vehicle of this so called caliber should be less frequent. The transmission really feels like an old Yugo with a stick, too much jerky and choppy. I would not purchase another Lexus until they could assure me that this and the maintenance intervals are more rational.

Great Ride!!
By jeremypool on 01/11/08 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years with no problems! The rear camera works great and the ride is very nice. My only complaint would be its slight stall when accelerating other then that the best car I have ever owned.

Good got Great
By Tom Monaghan on 10/07/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 RX 300 and thought that it was a great car. The only complaint was the poor turning radius. The RX 330 took care of that. The RX 330 is perfect for someone that likes to sit up a bit higher than in a sedan but does not want to sacrafice the ride. The sound system is as good as anyone short of an audiophile would ever want. The passangers in the back seat will find ample leg room and appreciate the ability to slightly recline the seats, especially on long trips. The Nav system is easy to use and very addicting. Only issue is limited view out of the rear window. I've been a fan/customer of Toyota and Lexus for many years. Never dissapointed with the quality of the car or service

RX 330
By Chito Jacinto on 10/07/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Exellent suv, ride like a luxury car, very quiet ride can't hear any wind draft even at high speed. Has an easy handling,responsive to turns.

Love-Hate Relationship with my RX 330
By T N Tracy on 08/25/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

On the highway, the RX 330 drives like a dream, but in-town driving is a different story. The transmission is terrible when shifting from first to second gear; too much hesitation. The headlights have a blind spot in curves. I expected more at this price point.

In Love with Lexus
By Loving My Lexus ! on 04/24/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I did not go wrong in purchasing a Lexus. This is the most comfortable vehicle ever purchased or test drove. It does not ride like a "truck" and hate for people to call it that. It is so comfortable to drive on long distance trips. If in need of another car, Lexus will be my first choice!

RX 330 FWD
By GLFR 23 on 03/26/06 15:25 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very high quality and reliability. Just changed from a RX 300 and it's really improved; turning radius, console, more horsepower, stereo controls on steering wheel, really love this car.