2004 Lexus RX 330 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:
Just bought 1 yesterday
By metalbandit on 04/04/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought the Lexus RX330 2004 yesterday, so far no complaints. Whom ever was the previous owner took immense care to keep it nice. The whole vehicle still looks & runs like new. It being a 2004 it only has 89k + miles on it, and it's just been very nice. Now with that in mind of course, I have read reviews, and such people saying that when it gets around the 90k mark things start going wrong with it, so I have a full 2 year coverage for just about anything that goes wrong with it. But for right now it's been a great 2 days so far. I'm on the hunt now to see about getting the onboard GPS updated on it, we'll see what happens.

phsyco transmission
By daisycher on 01/22/13 20:01 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the weirdest transmission I've ever encountered..it jerks and or jumps when shifting into second gear..upshift. when coming down steep hills..very unpredictable...but I love everything else about the car...worried about trans..

Dont buy lexus
By 777 on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned 2004 rx330 for 2 years now pies of crap! I had a BMW that I trade for Lexus and that was the biggest mistake in my life transmission is crap! Stereo system broke doesn't read cd's getting error 3 and 4 when then something is knocking inside the dashboard pretty loud, behind the stereo you take your Lexus to the dealer services and tell them what's wrong they don't want to do anything just tells you that thats the way its should be but it's really not! Never get Lexus again

One of the best cars i've ever owned.
By Len on 08/06/10 11:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV it has well thought out features, quiet, great powertrain and roomy inside. I wish it had XM or Sirius radio but i have to live with AM? FM CD.

Wow.
By spacedude86 on 06/02/10 12:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a small luxury SUV, I high recommend the RX 330. The AWD allows maximum traction during all sorts of weather. The interior is beautiful, the polished wood steering wheel feels amazing to control. The sound system is hot, the style is hot. If you're also looking at the Acura MDX, let me tell you what the differences are: MDX has more power, more towing capacity and more storage space. It isn't as luxurious, refined or reliable as the RX 330. So it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a hot SUV, take the RX 330. If you're looking for something to camp with or tow with, pick the Acura MDX.

A Great SUV
By gatorone on 05/08/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this one since new. With 70,000 miles reliability has been excellent. We keep the car away from the dealers to insure only the maintenance requirements specified in the owners manual are performed. After the initial two free services by the Lexus dealer, the car has never needed to go back. I would say the interior quality of the prior Lexus RX300 is a little better. Performance is best using premium fuel with little to no acceleration hesitation as you get with regular fuel. The original stock tires (Goodyear) were poor for this level of car. Ride and driving are fine. Pressure gradiant when one window open that you feel with the ears. We managed 28 mpg on highway.

Radio and CD
By Diane on 03/10/10 13:38 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Lexus only has 20,000 miles on it, but the CD player is already going out. I can only play one CD instead of the 6 that are available. I took it to a place I know is reliable (they work on car sound equipment) and he said it is almost gone. Other than that I love the car..

In the Lap of Luxury
By Ed on 02/03/10 19:41 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful in & out. Lexus thinks of too many great small details to list. Love the soft leather and real wood. MPG as advertised, averages 21 mpg.

Excellent!!
By Happy Camper on 07/25/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable! Get 17-19 in town. 27-28 on highway. AMAZING marriage of mileage, performance, comfort, luxury, reliability, and ergonomics. All considered, very well worth the extra dollar or two, but don't confuse cost and value. This is an excellent, efficient, versatile, ultra-reliable vehicle!

My Lexus
By Timothy on 06/27/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle for her, and since I must drive it periodically I feel free to comment on it. I am somewhat disappointed with the performance and handling aspects of this vehicle, it handles almost as badly as my Isuzu and no where near as well as my Benz. The transmission and the parts cost are my single major complaints, as well as the service intervals, which for a vehicle of this so called caliber should be less frequent. The transmission really feels like an old Yugo with a stick, too much jerky and choppy. I would not purchase another Lexus until they could assure me that this and the maintenance intervals are more rational.