Used 2004 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews - 498 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

RX is a Reliable and Attractive SUV
By E Gill

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 2004 RX 330 has been a great car. I love the body style which continues to be attractive despite changes in the body style of newer models. It has been very reliable. The car now has 178000 miles and with routine maintenance I expect it to last another 100,000 miles!

My son did me a favor!
By L.Sarachild

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My son gave me this car when my 14 year old BMW convertible finally gave up the ghost. I am sooooo happy and soooo sold on the Lexus. Would only get a newer Lexus (but this one only has 93k mi & absolutely nothing wrong with anything. People can't believe it's a 2004 it looks so new); especially with all the new safety & tech features which have evolved.

Great SUV
By Edward Hintzen

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove for almost 12 years and was very reliable. May purchase a similar new model.

2004 Lexus RX300
By chitownlexus

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr AWD SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am the original owner of my 2004 Lexus 330RX. The only major repair I had to do in 11 years of ownership was a new radiator 3 years ago. Otherwise, the car looks/runs like almost new. Both heated seats still work great (although the control knob of one just fell off). The soft leather on the seats has not cracked and only shows a few creases. In fact, every aspect of this vehicle has functioned properly as designed. I plan to continue buying Lexus SUVs because function & reliability are my top 2 most important aspects of car ownership and this Lexus has exceeded my expectations.

heated seats great handling in snow outside noise? just roll up the window remote trunk opening smooth drive

over-the-shoulder visibility

4 Months and It's Gone
By volvo4life2

2004 Lexus RX 330 4dr Fwd SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my GMC Yukon for my RX330 to be very disappointed. I was very excited to hop on the "Lexus Reliability" boat and got a 2004 with only 60k miles on it. Within the first week of owning it the check engine light came on, shortly followed by the passenger air bag going out, needing all new power steering fluid (which had to go back to the dealer twice to actually get done correctly) and my transmission fluid was a mess. All of that I could forgive, its a used car, things happen. But the thing that I couldn't forgive... There was a hole in the frame of the car somewhere that leaked when it rained. It filled the floorboards up with water and soaked through the foam, and the carpets.

Interior design, visibility, safety.

The leak would have cost 2k to fix, first to find it then to take apart the entire interior and dry it out. It didn't make sense to dump 2k in a car like that. I'm really disappointed in Lexus. A hole in the frame is an issue even a Geo Metro doesn't have.