Beware of driveability
By shmersla on
2003 Lexus RX 300 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have 1,200 miles on my RX and have had it in for service 3 times to try to fix the tracking, alignment problem. The car will not drive down the road straight and stay driving straight as if the front and rear wheels are out of sync or camber. I have to constantly correct the car from drifting right and left. It's as though it responds to any and every imperfection or shift in the road and will drift off regardless of whether you have the wheel pointed straight. I cannot relax and cruise with this car and must keep my arms flexed and be ready for every unexpected shift in direction. Long drives are out of the question. I couldn't be more unhappy...
Favorite Features
Given the above, it's really hard to appreciate all the great things about this car. It is certainly gorgeous and well appointed, but if the thing doesn't drive well, all the rest is moot.
Suggested Improvements
fix the drive. I've driven 3 RXs (2 loaners) and they all have this drive problem. Lose the CD cassette and add the in-dash. The instrument panel is a bit confusing. The tires are too skinny.