2003 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
Great Vehicle -- Needs some Updating
By Mike - Kent. WA on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the vehicle though it lacks a few things that its competitors seems to have. I chose it over the MDX mainly because of the lack of color choices in the Acura product -- Lexus has the best exterior color combo's -- hands-down. I really love the two-tone exterior that is, unfortunately, going away in the 2004's. Great vehicle and fun to drive.

Pure Luxury
By wolfpack on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped for SUVs for over a year and the RX 300 is the best overall SUV for the money, bar none. It is the best looking and the most comfortable. We definitely love this SUV.

My Best car
By Marcello on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV handle like a car and is fun to drive. Very well built and sharp looking.Very please with the vehicle.

Lexus Rx 300
By edrosen@shaw.ca on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very comfortable to ride in, almost car like, in ride and handling. Reliability and quality are excellent.

EXCELLENT SUV
By coolmama on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for 3 months trying to decide what SUV I wanted. Coming from a mid- sized sedan, I wanted an SUV that wasn't too big and handled well. I looked and drove everything from a Kia to a Lexus. I can honestly say this is the best SUV out there. It is worth the extra money.

Love My New 2003 RX - Good Price
By whizf16 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have driven my new 2003 RX only 1000 miles since purchase (11/02), but LOVE it! It's a better ride than any car I've ever had and just looks great. Super service at the dealership (including a very good salesman). I've hauled big things with the rear seats up and down and I'm impressed with the room. Plentiful power, sure steering, and a quiet ride make this car a winner.

You must test drive it at highway speeds
By shmerls on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives great in the city, badly on the highway. The front feels heavy and you have to steer it all the time. It doesn't just cruise straight. The steering is progressive power steering which gets more like manual steering the faster you go. Feels like a truck without power steering on the highway. This makes highway driving tedious and tiring - your arm muscles are always slightly flexed like isometrics. The CD and AC and heater controls are confusing and not intuitive. If you lower the steering wheel, you can't see the blinkers or the mirror controls. The estimated gas mileage is not accurate. I'm only getting 16 mpg. I am VERY sorry I bought it.

RX 300
By doris on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car never give me any probblem except when I need to make a U turn. I need to backup several times to completed the U turnb

Great Car!
By Cameron2 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The lexus rx300 is a great suv, but not to much of an SUV that it is a gas- guzzler. Also great handling and breaks. If you are looking for that big SUV feeling, this probably isnt the right car for you.

First rate suv.
By Steve Kim on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The RX-300 was not my first choice, but my wife absolutely wanted it. So it took alittle bit of selling on my wifes part. But was I convinced once I drove the car. Unbelieveable ride so quiet and smooth and the quality of the way this car is built.