2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
By Bruce Lipe on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of the fact that everyone I know who has a Lexus has had no issues. I traded an Audi 2.8 quattro in for this and miss the sporty driving experience, but it was in the shop frequently. The RX 300 is very practical and drives more like a car than other SUV's tested. Now I wish I would have opted for the navigation system.

RX300 vs Audi A6
By Ulf on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a lot of new Audi 100/A6 Avant Q for more than fifthen years I told my self it was time to try something different. After a long period of evaluation my choice was Lexus and the RX model. I have not regretted that choice for a single moment. This car works!! - if you compare with Audi that spent a lot of time with the servicetech. guys. The whole family loves it!!

Beware of driveability
By shmersla on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have 1,200 miles on my RX and have had it in for service 3 times to try to fix the tracking, alignment problem. The car will not drive down the road straight and stay driving straight as if the front and rear wheels are out of sync or camber. I have to constantly correct the car from drifting right and left. It's as though it responds to any and every imperfection or shift in the road and will drift off regardless of whether you have the wheel pointed straight. I cannot relax and cruise with this car and must keep my arms flexed and be ready for every unexpected shift in direction. Long drives are out of the question. I couldn't be more unhappy...

2000 rx300
By hn on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great vehicle coming off lease in 3 months. our 2nd lexus. will probably aquire the rx330.

Bad experience
By RX300Owner on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think I've got a lemon this time. Terrible rattle comes from the left side of the vehicle. Excessive wind noise at 60mph. According to a service "professional" from Putnam Lexus the wind noise is a standard for this type of vehicle, and I could get rid of it by folding the driver side mirror. This car was in service several times but all the problems are still there + I've got several new ones like scratch on the bumper and ink on leather. My advice: Test this vehicle on all types of road before purchasing, and BEWARE of the service department at Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA

WOW!!
By johnwstefan on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What a great car! Just bought this for my wife. Dealership was great, could not have been nicer or more professional. Good deal on the car but the best part IS the car (not always true with a new car purchase). The build quality, ride, stability and bang for the buck are unsurpased. Lexus just earned themselves a life-long customer!

The Best
By Pete Violio on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle. It is reliable, sleek, and fun to drive. Drives just like a car.

Great SUV
By RPLexus on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV I have owned.

The best luxury vehicle on the market!
By Matteo Mastrantonio on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is where luxury meets luxury. This is my second one and I would never buy another SUV. The RX300 is the ultimate driving machine. I couldn't have made a better decision. It is great for road manner, winter weather, horsepower (pick-up), car- like ride, and pretty much everything else. Toyota's luxury line has done it once again.

Riding in the Rx
By Bennett9 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really couldn't be happier! Every aspect of this purchase has been a pleasure for me. The Rx300 rides wonderfully, the interior is simply outstanding, and Chatham Parkway Lexus' service pre-and-post sale is unassailably high quality.