Used 2003 Lexus RX 300 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Great SUV
By SHOTSY

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it for 1 1/2 years and have loved every minute of it. This is the 2nd SUV I've owned and the other one didn't come close to this one. So far I've I had great gas mileage for an SUV (22.5)-that's almost as good as my last CAR! It is worth the price.

Favorite Features

One-touch windows & sunroof. Reclining back seat. Memory seat feature.

Suggested Improvements

Better placement of rear cupholder and more than 1. Better placement of the CD changer - the dash is very inconvenient. Automatic door locks. I can't believe it doesn't have them!

Excellent Vehicle
By ArizonaDriver

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV/car is very fun to drive. It feels like a car yet gives you the advantages of an SUV. I have always felt that Lexus is overpriced. After owning one for almost a year, I understand why people are willing to pay a premium for these vehicles.

Favorite Features

Comfortable drive, adequate storage, nice design

Suggested Improvements

turning radius is poor, stereo functions should be available on the steering wheel.

Totally l ove my RX !!
By nailzplez

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our preowned '00 RX this past June, and I've loved every day of driving it. It was not in our budget to buy brand new, but I loved them so much, that I was more than willing to wait until an affordable preowned came up.

Favorite Features

Overall style and enjoyment of driving it. Great 'get up and go' even with a V6. Love the color scheme of it. Not a day goes by that I'm thrilled to look at it and drive it! Still can't believe I own one!

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders that won't let my sodas tip quite as easy.

My Lexus review
By e. chin

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car is a very good riding car. We have taken it on several trips and it cruises at highway speeds very comfortably. All our friends that ride in the back seats says it is a very comfortable riding car. The car also serves well when I have to carry larger objects that a regular sedan cannot handle. Dealer service has been excellent (South Bay Lexus)

Favorite Features

One feature that I like is that the rear seats can be adjusted for tilt and back and forth. The entry to the car is easy to get in and out. The height of the car is just right.

Suggested Improvements

The turning circle is too wide. The passenger seat needs a six-way adjustment. The position of the seat is such that I feel that I am sliding off the seat. The front part of the seat needs to be raised or made adjustable. Engine could use more HP/torque.

RX 300
By dlsjetta

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good suv, but would of rather of had the 04 330 model. The 04 has more of what I want. WE averaged 15.8 in the city and 16.0 on the highway in gas milage. I could get the same gas milage with a V8 and more power too!!! When the sunroof is open you get a bad wind like nose with the wind defector down and/or if one of the windows opened. It buggs!!! Service is way to exspenseve, but you atleast get a free rental car. You should for the price they charge! Other than that it is a good suv. I would recomend it to anyone. Every car, truck and suv has it's downs sides! As my dad would say " It is a 100 times better than an American SUV"!!!

Favorite Features

What I love the most about it is the auto up and down on all the windows and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

More power, better gas milage and more puttens to play with!