Used 2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Great Little SUV driving it for 5 years
By Ferres

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had my RX300 for 5 years now, it has 175k miles and still drive like new, no problem of any kind , just oil change and brake in 3 years tires still good after 3 years of heavy driving, smooth ride, ok on fuel, AC and heating is great accelerate good for AWD , reliable, I had a lot of cars in my live Jeep, BMWs, Kia, Honda, Nissan X terra , ford, Montero, Mercedes Isuzo , Hyundai this Lexus IS the best if u find one buy it no matter what is the miles on it it will last for ever

Good SUV
By Brant

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my RX 3 months ago as a pampered one owner with 102K miles an excellent maintenance history. I have owned several Toyotas so was attracted to the quality and reliability of the Lexus brand. We also have a 2009 Nissan Rogue with 117K miles so I will use that car as a comparison. My RX is based on the Toyota Highlander and drives like one. The ride is smooth but a bit "trucky" on back roads with bumps. The turning radius is wide compared to most cars. The transmission is a 4 speed which is outdated by today's standards. At 6'2" I could use a little more front leg room - wish the seat had more travel (a body shop could fix this for a few hundred dollars). This is a very good car with a lot of features and I would buy it again. Compared to our 6 year newer Rogue, the RX is not competitive as far as handling, gas mileage, and suspension refinement. The car does exude quality though and even the under carriage is really clean for a 13 year old car. No evidence of body rust or rusted out brake lines like a friend's Chevy truck. Toyota/Honda/Nissan must use more alloys as none of my cars have issues with under body rust.

MY GOLD BABY
By lilshelly

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my RX300 LEXus SUV the ride is comfortable and easy the maintance is affordable and the service professionals at my lexus dealer are knowledge and helpful. I will be buying a another LEXUS vehicle soon

THe ride and sound system the comfortable seating

make the seat warmer a little hotter

Many issues for luxury car
By rx300hater

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

96K miles and trans is shot. power door locks do not work, power window works sporadically, had numerous check engine light issues, replaced sensors many times, dash light went out, steering wheel squeaks, these "luxury" cars will nickel and dime you to death, Never had so many problems with a non-luxury car.

Still going strong at 130K
By TPT

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My last Lexus, I sold with less than 100k somewhat in fear that it was getting old. I see it now and then and it appears to be moving along just fine. My 2002 RX just turned 130k and it running strong. It has the parking lot dings and a few scrapes on the bumper but aside from that, I plan on pushing it to it's limit. When it comes to Santa Fe snow, it's a champ and have told my wife, I would get another based on its ability to handle the snow pack and lack of street clean up. I've had other 4 wd and even my old Trooper can't compare. I would have to say it's been the best vehicle I've owned. I would highly recommend even buying a good used one. Look forward writing you when I hit 200K.