Used 2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

MY GOLD BABY
By lilshelly

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my RX300 LEXus SUV the ride is comfortable and easy the maintance is affordable and the service professionals at my lexus dealer are knowledge and helpful. I will be buying a another LEXUS vehicle soon

THe ride and sound system the comfortable seating

make the seat warmer a little hotter

Many issues for luxury car
By rx300hater

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

96K miles and trans is shot. power door locks do not work, power window works sporadically, had numerous check engine light issues, replaced sensors many times, dash light went out, steering wheel squeaks, these "luxury" cars will nickel and dime you to death, Never had so many problems with a non-luxury car.

Still going strong at 130K
By TPT

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My last Lexus, I sold with less than 100k somewhat in fear that it was getting old. I see it now and then and it appears to be moving along just fine. My 2002 RX just turned 130k and it running strong. It has the parking lot dings and a few scrapes on the bumper but aside from that, I plan on pushing it to it's limit. When it comes to Santa Fe snow, it's a champ and have told my wife, I would get another based on its ability to handle the snow pack and lack of street clean up. I've had other 4 wd and even my old Trooper can't compare. I would have to say it's been the best vehicle I've owned. I would highly recommend even buying a good used one. Look forward writing you when I hit 200K.

6 years later and still loving my RX-300
By Louis in Fairfax, VA

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Justed changed by rear tail-light on my 2003 RX-300 and got to thinking that besides a set of tires and oil changes I haven't had to do anything to this truck. It still rides like a new car and I'm getting 17 MPG in town and 26 on the road. What more could you want from a car. My dealer is great for normal service (but high priced, I guess they all are) but I always drive off with a job well done. Might go for a 2010, but it would take a lot to get me out of this model, and have car payments all over again!

Great car like ride. Like the center storage area and gear shift. Better visibility out the rear than the 2004 and up. Very reliable.

Wish there was any easy way to connect up my iPod

Katie's
By Katie L. Hannigan

2003 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Still smells like "NEW"! I want to sell this car for a 2005?? model. Poor turning radius & does not coast at all - you let off the gas & that's it. Uses more gas that way! Short seats being husband is 6' & long legged. Gives him sciatica!

Has the look & nice color - mineral green. Nice sounding radio & disc. A lot of windows for touring the Blue Ridge here in WNC. Like the programmed garage door opener in visor.

Turning radius, longer seats, cup holder more convenient place, car should coast a little for gas savings (feels weird), still figuring out the alarm.