2003 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
MY GOLD BABY
By lilshelly on 05/31/13 02:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my RX300 LEXus SUV the ride is comfortable and easy the maintance is affordable and the service professionals at my lexus dealer are knowledge and helpful. I will be buying a another LEXUS vehicle soon

Many issues for luxury car
By rx300hater on 09/03/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

96K miles and trans is shot. power door locks do not work, power window works sporadically, had numerous check engine light issues, replaced sensors many times, dash light went out, steering wheel squeaks, these "luxury" cars will nickel and dime you to death, Never had so many problems with a non-luxury car.

Still going strong at 130K
By TPT on 06/19/10 06:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My last Lexus, I sold with less than 100k somewhat in fear that it was getting old. I see it now and then and it appears to be moving along just fine. My 2002 RX just turned 130k and it running strong. It has the parking lot dings and a few scrapes on the bumper but aside from that, I plan on pushing it to it's limit. When it comes to Santa Fe snow, it's a champ and have told my wife, I would get another based on its ability to handle the snow pack and lack of street clean up. I've had other 4 wd and even my old Trooper can't compare. I would have to say it's been the best vehicle I've owned. I would highly recommend even buying a good used one. Look forward writing you when I hit 200K.

6 years later and still loving my RX-300
By Louis in Fairfax, VA on 09/28/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Justed changed by rear tail-light on my 2003 RX-300 and got to thinking that besides a set of tires and oil changes I haven't had to do anything to this truck. It still rides like a new car and I'm getting 17 MPG in town and 26 on the road. What more could you want from a car. My dealer is great for normal service (but high priced, I guess they all are) but I always drive off with a job well done. Might go for a 2010, but it would take a lot to get me out of this model, and have car payments all over again!

Katie's
By Katie L. Hannigan on 09/11/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Still smells like "NEW"! I want to sell this car for a 2005?? model. Poor turning radius & does not coast at all - you let off the gas & that's it. Uses more gas that way! Short seats being husband is 6' & long legged. Gives him sciatica!

Moved from sedan to RX 300
By Tennisnut on 10/26/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a pleasure to drive. The AWD is flawless, the car has plenty of power (for me), the ride is very smooth and quiet. I preferred this car's ride to the ES 300 sedan which I found floated to much. This car is an all around treat to drive. Good viewing all around from driver's seat.

Great Car!
By raffello on 02/22/06 10:46 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome car! love how smooth it is. Great for longer trips, not as fun as my Porsche but what is?

Nice Car, but could be better
By H Baker on 05/03/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Over all the RX 300 is a very good car! It is easy to drive as the steering feels effortless. The design is good but needs some refinements such as more room. The ride is stiffer than the MDX. Fuel economy is fair at best.

Love my Lexus
By No minivan mom on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellant small to mid-size luxury vehicle with the comfort of AWD. Comfortable to drive, even my 6'3" husband has no problem with headroom, even with a retractable moon roof. Plenty of room in backseat, if you don't need the availability of 3rd row seating with plenty of cargo area also.

Great SUV
By SHOTSY on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus RX 300 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it for 1 1/2 years and have loved every minute of it. This is the 2nd SUV I've owned and the other one didn't come close to this one. So far I've I had great gas mileage for an SUV (22.5)-that's almost as good as my last CAR! It is worth the price.