2002 Lexus RX 300 3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - RX 300 - quite a

2002 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Review

RX 300 - quite a package!
By Rocky Mountain Man on

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. I had to replace my Maxima because it handled poorly in the snow. Can't wait for the first snowstorm! We had lots of luck with Toyotas over the last 9 years with excellent reliability, and low maintenance. This car handles well, though you can certainly tell it's not a performance car with its heft. The 3 liter V6 is adequate and I have actually been getting 22 to nearly 26 mpg for an AWD car, which is amazing! It rides very nicely, and handles bumps well. It's a great cruiser on the highway, or great on rutted dirt roads. We had it on some pretty rough roads and it was great. I hope the Lexus reliability that I found during my research is as good as our 4Runner.

Favorite Features

Style, ride comfort, roominess, awesome stereo, good resale value as a used car, dependability, and high quality fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a 5 speed transmission w/automanual (I miss my 5 speed on the Maxima). Somewhat slow and sluggish ascending large hills. Otherwise, it's a GREAT package compared to other cars out there.