This car saved my life
By asimkhan0620 on
2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
If there was a higher rating for build quality and reliability besides excellent, this car would get it. As a senior in high school my parents allowed me to drive this car to school and back. However, one day coming back home i was stopped in a construction zone. A car going around 60 mph apparently did not realize that i was stopped in front and nailed my back bumper. I felt the impact but the car beautifully absorbed the blow. I was so grateful i was driving a truck, a high quality lexus truck, as the accident could have been a lot worse. as the accident could have been a lot worse.
Favorite Features
The seats and interior were very comfortable and spacious.
Suggested Improvements
the turning radius was small and parking was the only problem with this car.
By lexusluver
on 05/14/12 11:20 AM (PDT)

My husband and I owned a 1999 Lexus RX 300 until recently. I am sorry to say that the only reason that we no longer own this fantastic vehicle is the fact that it was totaled in a auto accident recently. Were were sitting at a stop light and a person driving a pick up truck did not even see us and rammed us so hard that we were pushed into the back of another SUV. While my husband who was the driver at the time, was being placed in an ambulance, a police officer and a fireman at separate times told me how lucky we were that we were driving the vehicle that we were in or else they would have had to possibly be cutting us out of the vehicle. I was able to drive my Lexus out of the way of the tow truck.the pick up was totaled The police and fireman nicknamed my Lexus "the little tank". All I know is that being in a Lexus probably saved our lives, at least made our injuries less. I am going to replace our Lexus with another one as soon as the insurance money arrives. Other than a volvo which also saved our son's life and his friends, I don't believe there is a safer vehicle on the road. Love and miss my Lexus!!